Ch. 18 - The beginning of our love story

Dedicated to Kuroyama because of all of her support on this story n.n Arigatou, I really appreciate it.

**********

For a few seconds we were just staring at each other. I was to shocked to even do anything. Even if I wasn't sure why, I mean, it wasn't like I didn't think about him... Like most of the time, like some kind of creepy stalker... But let's just skip the details. My point was that I thought about him a lot, I pictured how seeing him again would be at least a thousand times. So I had no idea why now that he was actually here... What the hell didn't I do anything?! 

'' You're alive... '' Deidara murmured, his eye widening.  

Wait, did he think that I was dead? '' And you didn't even come to check if I had a funeral or not? '' I asked with a frown.  

Then I realised that I was actually supposed to try to kill him and not be annoyed by the fact that he didn't even come around Konoha to check if I was actually dead or not. I quickly stepped back and raised my fists. Deidara's eye widened again at that, then a smirk slowly began appearing on his face. I didn't like the looks of that. I didn't like the fact that my mind seemed to find his smirk so damn attractive either.  

'' So... Putting on the fighting mode, un? Is it because you're supposed to or just because you're annoyed that I didn't check of you're dead or not? '' he asked, smirking.  

'' You actually didn't ch- Nevermind. '' I slowly narrowed my eyes and clenched my fists even more, a serious expression on my face. '' What I wanted to say is that I'm a Leaf ninja and my job is to fight criminals like you. ''  

'' You didn't seem to care about that the last time, hmm... '' Deidara replied, staring at me with his blue eye. He didn't even move, even if I showed him that I was going to fight him. '' What was that anyway? '' 

I was just about to punch him, but the second he said that my face turned red and I quickly lowered my head. I couldn't even look at him straight in the face and say it. '' I... Uh... It doesn't matter, okay?! '' I raised my fist and tried to punch him, but he easily caught it in his hand. I felt how my body slowly began to shake and my eyes watered because of the feeling of helplessness.  

'' It doesn't matter, yeah... '' Deidara repeated, with a surprisingly serious look on his face and a dark tone in his voice. '' You're actually going to say that it doesn't matter? Surprisingly, because in the past days I couldn't seem to stop thinking about an annoying girl with pink hair that I supposedly killed, un. ''  

My eyes instantly widened with shock at that, then the tears in my eyes spilled. I couldn't believe that he was actually thinking about me, maybe just as much as I was about him. But still... I had to do what I was trying to convince myself was the right thing. '' No... It doesn't matter, '' I whispered, my head still lowered and tears falling down my cheeks. '' Because no matter how I feel... I'm still a shinobi of the Leaf village and I can't... I can't betray them like that. ''  

'' Why would you be betraying them? ''  

'' You know, '' I murmured. '' You're a criminal. You tried to kill me. It's just not... right. ''  

Deidara was quiet for a few seconds. I wasn't sure what he was thinking, then he suddenly touched my chin with his hand, made me raise my head and look at him. My eyes slightly widened at the sight of the furious look on his face. I didn't expect him to react like that, considering that I was pretty sure that he didn't like me the way I liked him. I mean, guys usually didn't show their affection by trying to kill the girl, right? Or were we just the only two weirdos here that did that? 

Probably.  

'' It's not right,un... '' Deidara quietly repeated, gritting his teeth with anger. '' Don't give me this bullshit, Chi. I know how you feel, I was able to read you like an open book since the day I met you. And if you're ready to give up on it, just because you think that you're not being fair to your village... Then you're an idiot. '' He frowned. '' In fact, you're an idiot. You say that it's not right... But tell me, does this feel wrong, yeah? ''