Ch. 31 - Starting over

Life was a fragile thing. And right now mine was disappearing faster than I ever thought it would. Everything already began getting distant and started fading away. Then sudden pain shot through my body when Sasuke suddenly pulled his arm out of my body, completely covered with my blood now. I stumbled for a step on the back of the clay bird before I fell in to Deidara's arms. I already started leaving again when he grabbed my face with his hands and stared in to my eyes. '' Chiharu! '' I was pretty sure that he was yelling, considering the panicked expression on his face, but I didn't hear him too well. '' Why... Why did you do that? Chi! Listen to me! Please, don't go, un! '' 

A slight smile appeared on my face. Then I slowly raised my shaky hand and placed it on his cheek. '' I... I love you. I left the village for you... I just want to be with you... '' I whispered. My voice was so quiet that he could barely hear me.  

His clear blue eyes widened, then he frowned. '' Why... You... For me, yeah? You're so stupid. You shouldn't have done that... Please, don't go. I promise that I'll kill him, then I'll come after you. Just don't go, okay? Stay alive. '' 

'' I love you, '' I muttered, smiling at him. No matter what he said, no matter how I wanted exactly what he said to happen, I knew that there weren't many chances that it actually wouldn't. I felt like my soul was slowly slipping away to the other side and there was less of it any second. I knew that I was dying, but I didn't care. It was better for me to die than Deidara.  

'' I love you too, un, '' Deidara murmured, before he leaned closer to me and passionately kissed me. With my last strength I gave him a faint respond. The last thing that I felt besides pain was the touch of his lips of mine. Then everything else was a blur. I heard how he called Tobi, after that someone picked me up. Then there was only darkness around us before we reappeared somewhere else.  

I felt how the person that was carrying me talked with a serious and deep voice: '' You... After all you said... You still went and risked your life. Your body almost reached it's limit, but don't worry. Tobi is getting you home where people will help you. ''  

I caught one last look at his mask before everything around me finally completely disappeared. It was a lot like the last time. Death wasn't painful. Everything, together with the pain completely faded away and at the end there was nothing but the darkness. It was peaceful and at the same time also the worst thing in the world, because when you died, you were all alone, there was no one beside you anymore to tell you that everything was going to be okay.

***

It was the biggest surprise in the world when I felt how after a long while something pulled me from the darkness and dragged me back to the light. At first I was fighting it because going back also meant living through the pain all over again. And something inside my mind was telling me that maybe I didn't even want to go back because it would make me sadder than being all alone in the darkness. But I was too weak and before I knew it I slowly opened my eyes and stared at the faces that were surrounding me. My eyes met familiar green ones and brown ones. Then the next second I already fainted again. But I was alive.  

When I woke up the next time I didn't know what was going on at first. I was laying on a bed and I could hear a distant 'beeping' sound in the background. Then I realised that I was in a hospital room and that my body was connected to all kind of different machines that were probably the only thing keeping me alive.  

My eyes travelled around the room, everything still seemed kind of blurred. Then I noticed a figure that was sleeping with their face, leaning on their arms that were placed on my bed. I blinked with surprise, then I quietly asked: '' H-Hinata? '' 

She instantly moved, raised her head and looked at me with wide eyes. At first she was just staring at me, then she suddenly burst in to tears and jumped in my direction, hugging me. '' Chi-chan! Y-You woke up! You finally woke up! I can't believe that you finally woke up! ''