Ch. 11 - Mission: Epic fail

'' Kiba and Kotori, sitting in a tree, '' I sang with a grin on my face. '' K-i-s-.... '' Suddenly I stopped and thoughtfully frowned, trying to remember how did you spell the word 'kissing'.  

Kiba's eye started twitching, then he began yelling at me: '' You idiot! It's k-i-s-s-i-n-g! AND YOU SANG IT AT LEAST A HUNRED TIMES ALREADY, HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT YOU FORGOT IT NOW?! ''  

I just shrugged and scratched the back of my head, smiling. '' I ain't sure. ''  

Hinata, Shino, Kiba, Takeshi and I left the village three days ago and now we were supposed to reach Kumogakure, our destination. We were supposed to hunt down a man called Shouchi Mayume and capture him. Tsunade told us that he worked as a spy for the Akatsuki and Takeshi was sure that they were also after him. He said that now that they didn't need him anymore they will probably try to kill him. And our job was to find him before they will and take him to Konoha where Ibiki and his interrogating team could get some informations out of him, hopefully about what is Akatsuki planning next.  

'' So, how are we going to find this Shouchi? '' I asked, turned away from Kiba and stared at Takeshi that was walking in front of us and seriously smoking a cigarette. For now he was doing pretty well as the leader of our team, even if it was clear that he wasn't made for being the responsible one to look after four teenagers. It still looked like my teammates were a little afraid of him and the giant sword he was carrying on his back. And they had every right to be afraid, because it wasn't like Takeshi wouldn't start strangling one of them if they would make him to mad.  

Takeshi looked over his shoulder and sighed. '' You finally stopped singing that annoying song, brat... Thankfully we ain't going to Iwa where that redhead brat lives... ''  

Yup, Takeshi had the honour of meeting Kotori. A year and a half after we left the village we stopped in Iwa for a week. Takeshi decided that it was okay for us to take a break, because we needed some time to heal the injuries that we got in a fight before we reached Iwa. And while I was exploring the village I ran in to Kotori, Yasu and Tsubaki, the three genin I met during the Chuunin exams. Neither one of them passed that year, but they became Chuunin a year later.  

Their sensei, Mina, a woman that looked a lot like Tsubaki with her creepy glasses just had some personal things to do and that was why they were without a sensei. Me, being my nice self that didn't think to much before doing something, I suggested Takeshi to go with them on one mission or two, considering that we had some free time. So, all happy with my idea I took the three to the hotel Takeshi and I were staying in. The whole thing didn't end up really well. After a few seconds of talking with team Mina, Takeshi already started yelling at Kotori that she really should stop talking about herself in the third person because it's giving him a headache. That of course leaded in a big fight between them. Kotori got angry and started throwing rocks at him, while Takeshi was crushing them with his flaming black sword.  

'' You aren't still mad at Kotori, are you? '' I asked with a smile. 

Takeshi frowned. '' She said that my blind eye looks creepy. ''  

'' Well it does, '' Kiba seriously said, before he could stop himself. 

Takeshi's moved at Kiba with slow motion, only making the whole thing look even more scary. Kiba instantly innocently smiled, while Akamaru hid behind him, obviously also afraid of our team leader. Takeshi just stared at Kiba for a few seconds, before he muttered: '' Shut up, brat. ''  

'' Okay, Takeshi sensei, '' Kiba quickly said, nodding.  

Takeshi just sighed again and ran through his spiky black hair that was still long to his shoulders. '' Why did I end up with a team like yours... '' he murmured, looking depressed. He shot a glare in our direction. '' Shy brat, '' he said, staring at Hinata that squealed and quickly lowered her head when his eyes met hers. '' Dog brat. Weird brat. And creepy brat... Anyway... You asked how we're going to find Shouchi... ''