Ch. 24 - The creepy crystal lady

'' So what do we do now, sensei? '' Kiba asked and looked at Kakashi. 

Kakashi narrowed his dark eye and pulled out a kunai. '' Kiba, Hinata, you'll help me deal with our opponents. Chiharu, you go and scout the area to see if there's anyone else near, okay? ''  

'' But I wanted to fight- '' I started protesting, but then Kakashi shot a death glare in my direction and I instantly jumped away and nodded with fright. '' Yes, sir! '' I knew better than to make someone with the Mangekyo Sharingan angry. It wasn't like I wanted to die today or something. 

I noticed how a few kunais flew from somewhere in front of me and quickly formed some handseals. '' Flower petal escape! '' The next second my body already turned in to different flowers that got carried away by the wind. I reappeared on the branch of a tree about fifty meters away. I was always kind of ashamed of the only teleportation jutsu that I knew, because it never allowed me to go more than a hundred meters away from where I used to stand. If I tried to go farther away I always failed. What happened on the Chunin exams, when I fell through that roof, was a good example one of my failed attempts of doing a super awesome jutsu. But it wasn't like I already gave up, I was still planning on making my teleportation jutsu so great that I could easily use it to visit team Madoka in Kumogakure. In a way I kind of missed hanging out with Ren, Ryo and Hitomi. Even if things between us got kind of complicated...  

Okay I was getting completely distracted here. I blinked a few times to concentrate, then I pulled a scroll from the back pocket of my skirt. I grabbed a kunai with my other hand and poked my finger with it. I let a few drops of blood fall on the scroll before I formed a few handseals. '' Summoning technique: Butterflies! ''  

This time I summoned only three different butterflies, because I didn't want to use to much chakra in case Kakashi, Hinata and Kiba would need my help with fighting Orochimaru's men. I watched how the three butterflies flew from the seal on the scroll in my hands and then continued their way somewhere in the forest. Once they disappeared from my sight I placed the scroll away again and waited. People usually didn't think of it that way, I also didn't at the start, but after some time I realised that being able to summon butterflies wasn't even such a bad thing. Sure, they were small and not really scary looking, but with them you could still do some cool techniques.  

I closed my eyes and a smile appeared on my face when I placed my hands in a special seal. '' Watchers technique! '' When I opened my eyes again I didn't see what was around me, my vision changed. I could look in three different windows that represented the eyes of the three different butterflies that I summoned. That was one of their specialties.  

Suddenly one of the butterflies flew from the forest and that was when I noticed it. My eyes slowly widened with shock, then I blinked and deactivated the technique. I didn't waste any time, I quickly climbed to the top of the tree I was standing on and also saw what one of the butterflies found. 

'' Crap, '' I muttered. I was squatted on a branch of a tree and looking at the sky with wide eyes. It looked like the situation was starting to go from bad to worse, because from what I could see our enemies were currently winning the fight. The one that was using crystal style captured us in a giant crystal prison that was covering a pretty big part of the forest. '' This isn't good... This means that whoever uses this crystals is really strong... Wait, why am I even sitting here and talking to myself instead of doing something?! '' I asked myself, frowned and shook my head. '' Think, Chiharu, think, it's time for one of your good ideas! What would Takeshi do? ''  

An image of Takeshi, running in the direction of the crystal prison and swinging his burning sword in front of him appeared in my head.  

I shook my head. '' That probably wouldn't work... What about Onee-chan? ''