Part 11 - Brainwaves and Airplanes

Your mind was racing as fast as the car was driving - speeding down the strip towards the airport - Freezy in the front, and you and Y/BF/N in the back. It was only a 5minute drive, but it felt like it was taking hours - with every second going past the tension in your body building.
What if he's already gone? What if you never see him again? What are you going to say? What will he say when you speak to him? Your brain was asking itself a million unanswerable questions and a wave of uncertainty and panic washed over you as the worst thought came to mind: what if he never wants to see you again? What if you get there and he doesn't care anymore?

"Stop" Y/BF/N said as she pinched your arm
"Ouch... what?" you retorted
"Stop overthinking, I can literally hear your brain freaking out...this is nothing you can plan for, you just have to let it happen as it comes" she said, punching the top of your arm lightly, trying to be some kind of reassurance.
"But.... what if.... what if he doesn't want to talk to me? Or let me speak to him?" you said, choking on the words that your heart didn't want to hear
"Look, it's possible, he might not speak to you - you've only known him 4 days babe, you can only hope that he is as understanding as you think he is..." she broke off, probably sensing the pain in your face as you were forced to face the truth
Her voice suddenly piped up as she spoke again "but... it will be his loss if he doesn't want to hear you out or see you again - you're a smart, funny, beautiful... weird nerdy fangirl, a very special one of a kind", she winked teasing you in between sentences, "and HE would be lucky to have YOU in his life, no matter how many subscribers or whatever he has".
You smiled and leaned across the car to put your head on her shoulder and give her an awkward hug with your seatbelt on, you didn't know where you'd be without her - that was one thing this trip had shown you more than ever.
"That's for that almost compliment" you giggled... "but really, thank you for always saying the exact right thing at the exact right time" you said "Oh, and of course for joining me on this journey, which has been, um...interesting? I guess" you said looking at her with an awkward smile before putting your face into your palms and turning red - to which she started laughing, as did Cal.
"You're welcome - but don't think I wont be teasing you about this whole situation for the rest of your life, and you will 100% owe me a random trip to wherever in the world I want next time to stalk someone too"
You couldn't help but burst into laughter, but it was cut short when you pulled to a stop and looked straight into the crowds at the airport doors.

It wasn't hard for you to get through a lot of the crowd - your bruised face and disheveled hair made people want to avoid you, so they just got out of the way.
You stopped dead in front of the departures list, your eyes scanning for possibilities
"Shit" Cal said, his eyes scanning the board with you "there is three different flights to international airports leaving within the next hour at three different gates, how are we supposed to know which one it is?"
"Call them" Y/BF/N said - looking at Cal
"I can't - my phone is dead, I went straight to Y/N hotel when I found out she had been hurt and it died while I was waiting" he said
I knew I couldn't call them either - my phone was back in the boys hotel room somewhere on the floor probably.
"I'll try JJ" she said, knowing it was a last desperate attempt
The time the phone was ringing felt like hours - but no answer.

"Alright - let's just split up. Cal you take the one at Gate 25, I'll take Gate 77 and you take Gate 120 " I said
"And what do we do if we find them though, love?...I'm not sure Simon will be thrilled to see me running to see him" Cal said
"Stall them - Y/BF/N if you find them - stall and I'll come to your gate after mine - Cal, if you find them then speak to JJ, let him know it's cool and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Just don't let him leave, please" your directions were sharp and clear, even with your emotions overriding your body your ability to control yourself in a stressful situation was as strong as ever.
But the question still sat in the front of your mind overriding everything else: would this all be for nothing? Were you too late?