Part 18 - Sweet Dreams

"Excuse me, you're here" a mans voice said, stirring you from your sleep, it took you a moment to realise where you were - in the back of the Uber Simon had called from the airport, your head on his shoulder, your hands still intertwined, and his head on top of yours, his breathing telling him that he was still asleep.
"Thank you" your tired voice croaked and you moved your head out from underneath Simon's and he stayed sleeping with his neck hunched over to your side of the car, he looked so peaceful, and he was obviously as exhausted as you were. The thought was weirdly comforting, that he'd lost a bunch of sleep thinking about the situation too, maybe even thinking about you...
"Simon" you whispered running your fingers through his hair above your ear, instantly causing him to stir and shift in the seat
"I wasn't asleep, I swear" he said as he stretched out and his knees hit the seat in front, making his face grimace in slight pain
"Do you just want to stay sleeping here, or are we going inside?" you giggled at the sleepy man
"Let's just stay here" he said, wrapping his arms around you suddenly and pulling you close, squishing your body tightly making you writhe and laugh hysterically. You noticed the Uber drivers awkward look in the rearview mirror and perhaps so did Simon because he said, "alright, let's get out"

You were standing inside the lobby of a ridiculously beautiful hotel, more amazing than anything you'd ever stayed in before, you felt underdressed and like you'd be judged by the people sitting around you, but you looked over at Simon standing at the reception desk in his tracksuit pants and t-shirt, glancing back at you and smiling ever so often, and everyone else just disappeared.
He motioned you towards him as he headed for the elevator, you met him at the silver doors and yawned - closely followed by him doing the exact same.
"What time is it?" you asked him as you entered the elevator, not sure where your phone was in your bag
"It's 5pm, I just looked at the desk" he replied
"Do I have time for a sleep before whatever adventure you have planned?" you questioned hopefully
"Yeah, I am feeling the same, but our plans aren't until 8.30pm anyway, so we have some time" he said looking down at his phone. As the elevator came to your floor and you trailed down the corridor he pointed at two doors opposite one another
"These two rooms are ours...mine....yours, I mean, I booked them for us, so you could stay near me" he said quickly and handing you a room key. You took it from him and tried to hide your disappointment that you wouldn't be in the same room as him, though he didn't look supremely happy that you were taking it from him either. A few moments of silence passed between you as you stood with the key in your hand and his arm remained outstretched from giving it to you.
"So, I'll see you at 8 then?" you broke the silence and opened the door
"Yeah - 8pm, right" he responded back at you
"Okay, enjoy your nap" you said, backing through the door
"You too" he replied

10minutes later you were ready for a nap, but couldn't find your pyjamas anywhere amongst your bag, cursing to yourself as you realised you probably left them in Y/BF/N bag.
You grabbed the robe behind the door and walked across the hallway, knocking on Simon's door, he answered after a few seconds - his laptop sitting open at the desk opposite the door.
"Hey, sorry, I forgot pyjamas and all I have are day clothes or clubbing outfits and I hate sleeping naked - I was wondering if I had a t-shirt you could borrow?"  you said to him
"Sure, come in, he said" going to his bag and opening it
"I thought you might be asleep already" you said
"Nah, had some last minute editing to do" he replied, "my videos for the next couple days are done, but I was trying to get ahead and that comes before sleep sadly" he said as he passed you a black t-shirt
"Well you should try and get some sleep, otherwise how can you keep up with me?" you said opening the black shirt he threw at you "A Sidemen t-shirt, how unexpected" you said, giggling at him and walking back towards the door
"Yeah" he said, shutting his laptop "I'm going to sleep now, and what can I say? Having pretty women promo us is always a good thing" he said as you opened it, you just rolled your eyes in response and he said "sweet dreams, oh and take my room-key from the stand by the door, in case I don't wake up later"
You nodded to him, shut the door and crossed back to your room, getting into the sheets and letting the television play softly in the background.

20 minutes later and you were wide awake - it was strange because you felt comforted: you were in a large comfy sidemen t-shirt that smelt like Simon but despite your body pleading for sleep you couldn't get settled, your mind was restless. You turned and saw the room-key beside you and knew where you wanted to be, you tossed the sheets back and caught a glimpse of yourself in the mirror as you went past - the sidemen shirt fell just below your hips, leaving the crease at the bottom of your butt slightly exposed, so you decided to quick-dash from your room to his.
You were in and out of the hall in a moment, closing his door softly behind you, the light from his t.v letting you see his shirtless sleeping figure in the sheets on the right side of the bed. You walked towards the left side, pulled back the covers and got in, Simon stirring as you did and instantly moving his body into your back, placing his arm around your waist and pulling you close to him and happiness danced throughout your body.
"Sleep tight" his raspy sleepy voice breathed into the back of your head
"Sweet dreams Simon" you whispered, before falling into a deep sleep, the world falling away leaving nothing but that bed and that room, as you played the little spoon role and melted into him.

The alarm for your 8pm plans rang out, but was instantly silenced and the night just sped past around you, the two of you too comfortable and happy to care.

______________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry the last few parts have been slower, I wanted to cut the high intensity drama for a little while and focus on a more calm situation, but I have a general idea of some other twists and turns I want it to take further down the line.

Also, thanks for over 1k reads on this series, it has inspired me to keep it going! ❤️

Happy reading,
Bunny
xx