Chapter 1

It was time for us to move. As I looked up at the now empty house, I looked at the picture of my family before the accident. I felt the tears begin to form, as I folded the picture and put it in my right pocket. I took a quick glance at the house before I jumped in the drivers seat of my 2015 white dump truck. I put on the radio before I began to drive to my new house, with a fresh start, and new people.

     It was around a 12 hour drive before I was now looking at my new house. It was pretty big, with 3 floors not including the basement, with 2 bathrooms, and 2 bedrooms, which was at more then enough for one person. With the furniture already in place I grabbed my bags with my clothing and walked slowly up to the house,  and swung open the front door.

    I got into the bedroom I chose and placed my bags on my bed, and began to unpack. I then went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror at my bright blue eyes, and pail skin, before I grabbed the brush and began to brush the knots out of my dark brown shoulder length hair. I let out a long sigh and I exited the bathroom trying to make my way down to the kitchen.  When I realized I had no food I went and got my wallet and walked down to the store. It wasn't that far, only 4 blocks, and you don't need much for one person.

I grabbed a cart and walked in. I was getting fruit when I look up to see a familiar face, a face I never wanted to see again, Josh. I quickly sped out of the fruit section and grabbed a couple things quickly and run up to the checkout. Now I was on edge what if he brought up what I did, I couldn't live in a place with people knowing what I've done. I grabbed my bags and ran out of the store. I looked behind to make sure he wasn't following when I felt a intense pain in my side, and I heard a small scream of a girl as my head hit the ground. My vision was blurry and my side felt as if it was on fire, I looked up to a black silhouette of a figure. I tried to sit up but my side sent a shooting pain.

  My vision got better and now I could see a girl around my age standing over me. She had beautiful blonde hair, and intense green eyes. She was very tan and was just beautiful. She looked at me and let out a sigh of relief "Oh thank god your alive, I mean what would I do if I killed someone with my car." I gave her a small smile and put my hand on my side while wincing. My name I Emily, what about you?" She asks with a smile. "Desiree." I stated holding my side. She looked at me with her intense green eyes and said "We need to get you to a hospital." I looked up and nodded. She grabbed my arm and pulled my upright while I let out a scream of pain. But then she grabbed my arm again before I could object and pulled my to my feet. It hurt so bad I  thought I was going to pass out she leaned me against the car and swung her passenger side door open and she waddled me in. I began to sit with my side hurting so bad I felt the tears come down my face.

         We were now pulling into the hospital parking lot, she looked at me and said "Wait here, I'll have them bring the stretcher out." I nodded as the pain got worse, much worse.