Chapter 11

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Kaitlyn and I have been sitting in the room with Luke for 3 hours.

The doctors said that the bullet didn't hit any organs, which was good. They said that it would be around 3 days till they can even determine when he can leave the hospital.

I don't know why I felt this urge to just run...

I needed to hurt Ryan NOW.

I couldn't stand the feeling that my best friend is sad because of Dave and Ryan...

Well...

Me.

Oh my god.

This is all my fault. If I would of let Ryan down easier, he wouldn't have killed my family. Luke wouldn't of been shot, and Josh would still be talking to me

Everything that has happened isn't Daves fault, it isn't Ryan's, it's...

Mine.

"Desiree, are you OK, you look really upset?" I heard Kaitlyn say.

I didn't reply.

I couldn't stand looking at Luke the way he is. So pale, and lifeless looking. Ugh, I can't stand this. I have to go. I have to go away from here, the guilt is building up.

I stood up quickly, which startled Kaitlyn, and I stormed out of the room.

I felt like throwing up. I know I shouldn't leave Kaitlyn in her time of need but I needed space. I can't look at his body lying there.

I felt someone grab my arm and spin me into view.

It was the doctor from the room. He looked...happy, and grateful. Why?

"Your Desiree, one of Luke's visitors right?" He asked. I nod my head but I think he can see the confusion in my eyes

"You do realize you saved Luke's life?" He says. At first I thought it was a joke...

A very sick joke.

He then continued "When Luke was shot he was loosing a lot of blood. He would have died if you weren't there keeping pressure on the wound." I looked at him weirdly but nodded in understanding.

He smiled before walking away. I may have saved his life but I'm still the reason he was shot.

I decided to take a walk around the hospital.

I stopped at subway to eat, then walked around to the caffe. I then saw the gift shop.

I should buy him a gift. It is my fault he was shot. I walked inside and looked around. Personally these gifts suck. I was about to walk out when I saw the perfect gift, he probably wouldn't like it but I do.

It was a toy plant. It was also a clock and thermometer. I examined it over again. It also had get well soon in red paint written on the flower pot. I grabbed it and walked over to the register. After buying it, I decided it was time to walk up to Luke's room.

I felt another person grab my arm and turn me around.

I thought if this is another person congratulating me on 'saving' Luke's life I'm just going to...

My thought was interrupted when I saw Josh. Josh my stepbrother. Josh who said he hated me and would never talk to me again.

"I need to talk to you Desiree." He said in his deep voice. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Y-yeah?" I stuttered. He looked at me with pure furry.

"Meat me today at 8pm behind the hospital. Don't ask me why I'm here, I don't want to be but I have information about Ryan." And with that he walked off.