Chapter 9

Since we met, Kaitlyn and I have become super close friends...even closer the Emily. It's been a week and we have talked everyday at McDonalds. Today was finally my day off, Sunday, and we were going to hang out in Hollywood! I was so excited!

Her friend Luke is very protective and won't let her get to open with me. So there goes finding out what her secret is. It's pretty obvious that she is hiding something. From the information I could get, she owns a bakery (lie), and her Aunt owns the business (which seemed true, she is just not the owner of a bakery).

When I was the 'assassin' for Ryan's group of drug lords, I had to tell if people were lying a lot. Which that kinda is a bonus in real life. From what I've heard Ryan is now the supreme drug lord. He is wanted for every illegal thing possible.

I picked up my phone and saw a text from Shane.

Im sorry Desi, I didn't mean to be a burden. I'll leave you alone. I was just worried you or Emily was hurt. I miss you. And I haven't seen Emily yet...Desiree it's been 2 weeks, where is she!? :(-S

Awww, that's so sweet! I miss you to Shane. We didn't even know each other for 2 days and he already made his way into my heart. This was bad, he was a player and I can't love him.

Wait Emily is still missing!? Where did she go!?

I was now late for Hollywood. I ran out and got in the car. After about an hour drive I see the big Hollywood sign. I'm soooo excited! I pull in and see Kailtyns pink corvette sitting outside a coffee shop. I get out and give Kaitlyn a hug and Luke a smile. They went everywhere together.

After we talked for a while. Somehow we got on the subject of honesty. That's not one of my three rules.
Rule 1- stay out of trouble
Rule 2- lie if needed
Rule 3- survive

Kaitlyn began to stutter and freak out. It's probably because she is lying to me but still.
"Desiree...I have a confession to make." Kaitlyn started shyly. Luke freaked out now and fell off his chair and hit his butt hard off the ground.

"We don't work at a bakery..." She started then lowered her voice. Luke started to cough
loudly but she ignored him. "We work for a government agency called the S. A. A." I looked at her confused. What was the S. A. A.?

She must of sensed my confusion because she continued even though Luke was still coughing and waving his arms. "It's 'Secret Agent Assassins', Luke and I were chosen to help find Ryan and we know you have worked for him. That's why we came to you."

Wait, so she's not my friend? She's just using me to find Ryan! Why did I think anyone cared about me. Why would she care about a low life like me. She probably hates me but just sticks around to see if me and Ryan cross paths. Now. I'm. Pissed.

"YOU USED ME TO FIND RYAN!?" I shrieked while standing up. Everyone in the coffee shop is now staring but I don't care. "So you don't care about me at all I'm just your puppet to find Ryan. Well guess what 'Kaitlyn' if that is even your real name. I haven't talked to Ryan in about a year, and I wanna keep it that way." I say a little quieter. I have spent a week with this girl and she lied to me the whole time.

Kaitlyn started crying but I didn't care I stormed out. I was done with this shit. I'll never talk to her again.

I get outside and I am about to get is my truck when I feel a firm arm grip my shoulder and whirled me to face them. It was Luke, he looked pissed like me, but he has no right to be, they lied to ME!"

"Believe it or not Desiree Kaitlyn cares about you, why else would she have told you you risking getting fired just to tell you the truth." He said while looking down. He was right kinda, why would she have told me she was 'undercover' unless she cared.

He looked me straight in the eye. His eyes were a piercing blue, so clear, such an ocean blue. "I care about her feelings, I really care about her. So you march your ass right back in there and say your sorry!" He says.

I nod and walk the walk of shame back inside the coffee shop with Luke trailing behind probably making sure I don't run.

Then I stopped dead in my tracks, and so does Luke. Everyone if on the ground except for Kaitlyn, she is standing around 10 feet away from a guy I recognize as Dave who is holding a gun that's pointed at Kaitlyns heart.

Oh. Shit.

Dave smiles at me and then says "Hello Desiree, how are you doing. Well Ryan wants to see you, and I think we need to get rid of this girl for that to happen. Is she holding you back?" I gulp.

Dave always hated me. Like despised me. He said I was getting in the way of Ryan's work.

I looked at Kaitlyn and then back to Dave.

"Please Dave, d-don't kill her. You can kill me? I know you never liked me, please shoot me not her." I say freaking out and stuttering.

Dave let out a laugh, a laugh only a villain can have. "Your joking? Why would I kill you when Ryan wants you. So I'm going to KILL her and then I'm going to take you." Ryan states.

He looked down the sight, and put his finger on the trigger.

I shrieked, I was terrified. Not another life on my hands. The tears stream out, but I'm pushed out of the way by a strong hand.

It was in slow motion.

The loud bang, me falling then Luke jumping and...

"LUKE!" Kaitlyn and I shriek at the same time.

Luke falls to the ground, the blood.

Oh god, so much blood.

I rush over to Luke's bleeding body, he was unconscious. And the blood was everywhere, and it was gushing out of the gunshot wound. We needed to stop the blood. How.

I get an idea, I take of my shirt and put it on the sound and put pressure. Then I realize the gun was back on Kaitlyn. I look at Dave with the same look I gave him when he killed my family, complete hatred.

I heard the faint sound of sirens. Dave jumped and ran out the building, and I turned my attention back to Luke.

He was pail and looked terrible, and the blood was everywhere.

I heard Kaitlyn sobbing. I turned quickly and said "It will be fine, he won't die. He'll be fine."

At least I hope.