Chapter 5

I jumped up quickly scaring Shane and he let out a yell. He looked at me and said "What. The. Fuck." I looked at him in panic, what was I going to do about Ryan. He is going to kill me just like he killed my family. Shane's face turned from confusion to sympathy. "Are you OK." He said in a low voice I couldn't find any words but "You've got to go!" He looked at me confused then said "Fine." He grabbed his coat off the chair and headed for the front door. "Why did you even come over here?" I asked realizing he just showed up. He shrugged and said "I forgot." Then he shut the front door and left.

   What did I just do? Why did it feel to good? I shook my head, then realized Dave was probably going to contact Ryan. I needed to make a run for it, ditch this place. As I left I felt like I was forgetting something, but I shook it off as nerves. As I was about an hour away I took a quick look at the time 8am. I felt my phone vibrate, I pulled over and looked at the number. Oh god why did I give Emily my number. "Hello." I stated aggravated. "I'm sorry for blowing up on you yesterday without even asking if it was true, like I don't know him, and hell I don't even know you that well, but I have a deep and weird question." Emily said quickly. I gulped oh god don't bring up my parents. "He said you, um... Killed your parents, like I don't know if it's true. Was he just being an ass and spreading rumors like I have no clue. So um...did you?"

I stopped, I didn't but would she believe me? Should I tell her I'm not coming back? What do I say? "Desiree, are you still there?" She said weirdly. "Uh, yeah I'm here. Um...no I didn't kill my parents, why would I ever kill my parents I loved them so damn much, how was I supposed to know he was..." I stopped dead. I can't tell her that. "Um got to go bye Emily." I hung up so I didn't hear her abjection. I felt it vibrate again with Emily's number. I turned off my phone and continued driving.

I was done with this, why couldn't I have a normal life.

Like everyone else. They had jobs, family, friends, a boyfriend/girlfriend who loved them so much. And then there was me, with no job, no family, no friends who I could really trust, no boyfriend who actually loves me for...

Me.

After around 4 more hours I decided  to pull over into a gas station because my bladder was full, and my stomach was growling. I parked the car and into the gas station. I looked left and right for a bathroom. When I finally spotted one, I ran into the bathroom and quickly locked the stall door. After doing my business, I walked out and looked in the mirror while washing my hands. Oh god, I forgot my moms glass necklace. I quickly searched through my pockets finding nothing. I didn't even buy food I ran into my truck and turned on my phone to check the messages quickly. Emily sent me around 100 texts, but one voice mail. I decided to check them later. As I was driving back to my house, I searched the car to make sure it wasn't there. After finding nothing again, I just tried to relax and went back to my house. Something didn't seem right. Maybe because I'm panicking I thought.

But I thought that last time and here it was an emergency.

I swung open the door and charged to my room. There on my dresser was the glass necklace. Oh thank god I thought.

But something was different about it. I just figured because it wasn't on me. I took on last look at the house. I let out a loud sigh and got in my truck. I took out my phone and checked the messages.

Desiree, you there?-E

Helllloooooo!!!???-E

Are you gonna finish your sentence?-E

OK I'm sorry I shouldn't of jumped to conclusions.-E

Are you gonna text me back.-E

I'll never bring it up again just text me!!!!-E

Please :'( -E

When I finished going through the last of the messages, I realized one wasn't from Emily. It was from Unknown.

Emily has been texting you, you ever gonna text her back-Unknown

I looked at it again, not sure what to say.

Um who is this-me

Who do you think it is-Unknown

Just tell me Ok, I've had a hard day-me

Ohhhh yeah you dont have my number, most girls do ;) it's Shane-S

I text you and Emily later, bye Shane-me

Wait, I have a question-S

What-me

Do you know Dave like he has been asking a lot of questions about you-S

My heart was now racing. Oh no, what did he ask, what did Shane answer.

Like what-me

Like where you live, what your interested in, and do you talk about your family-S

I gulped.

What did you answer-me

I said I haven't known you that long, and I don't know.-S

I let out a sigh of relief, and turned off my phone. Thank god he didn't say anything. Or I would have been in deep trouble. I remembered the voice mail but thought I would just check it later, it was probably Emily or Shane just asking if I'm alive.

I took one last look at the house, then pulled out the picture of my family. They all looked so happy, even me. But I'm never happy now. Always looking over my shoulder for a knife. I let out a long sigh, and backed out the drive way slowly.