Chapter 10

I was sitting there holding my shirt. It was dripping with blood...Luke's blood. I felt the the tears rushing down my cheeks.

Another life on my hands.

I let out a sob, and and looked over to Kaitlyns face. It was filled with pure horror.

I should've jumped in front of that bullet not him. He didn't do anything wrong, he just wanted to find Ryan...

Ryan that asshole. He is going to pay big time.

They had already taken Luke to the hospital. The police were trying to get what happened out of Kaitlyn but she just stood there staring...staring at the spot where Luke's body was laying less then 10 minutes ago.

The police began to walk over to me, but I was in my own world of anger.

I'm going to kill Ryan if it's the last thing I do. That son of a bitch will pay, I'll make sure of it. Dave, I will kill him to. I hate them there such assholes, I can't stand them. I will make them ALL pay. I'll bring his gang to there knees. I'll make them pay for what they did to everyone, what they did to me.

What they did to my family.

"Miss, are you OK?" I heard the one officer say.

I nodded.

He then patted me on the back, and shook his head. He stood up and whispered something in the other officers ear. He nodded in agreement.

The officers hung around for a while then left. The coffee shop owner came out of the back room and started picking up.

But what they don't know is the longer I sit here, the more pissed I get.

I'm going to make them pay NOW.

I stood up still holding the bloody shirt in my hand. Kaitlyns eyes looked into mine, her freaky green eyes were filled with sorrow.

Don't worry, I thought. I'll make them pay. Then I stormed out.

I got into my truck and started it up, then drove back to my apartment.

I got out of the truck and walked up to my apartment. I was bloody and when the girl saw me she shrieked but I lied saying it was paint. I don't think she believed me but oh well. I then ran into my room and slammed the door shut.

Those pricks Dave and Ryan are going to pay dearly.

I took a shower to get the blood off, then went and changed into black leggings and a bright pink under armor hoodie.

I forcefully put on my sneakers, and began to pack my belongings. When I was finished, I was just going to pick up my phone when I hear I knock on the door. I tense up.

What if it's Dave, or even Ryan.

Then there going to get a piece of me! I grad a pocket knife, and swung open the door fast.

Oh it's Kaitlyn. I let out a deep breath, closed the pocket knife and gestured her to come in.

Wait how does she know where I live?! Oh yeah she is a agent or whatever.

"Luke is going into surgery and I want you to come with me to the hospital." She says sternly but still shaking from the incident.

I lean against the wall and look at her before saying "I'm busy, I've got to go. Have fun or whatever." I say grabbing my bags and heading for the open door.

She steps in front of me and slammed the door shut. " Now listen here Desiree, Luke's hurt because Ryan wants to KILL you. So let's get one thing straight...we're ALL going after Ryan when Luke is healed OK?" She says with a tone that says 'no questions asked'

I let out a huff. God this girl can be stubborn. "Fine." I grumble. I sit my bags down and head down the stairs so we can go to the hospital.

The car ride was silent, and seemed to last forever. When we finally reached the hospital we pulled into a parking spot that was very far away from the hospital. I huff, and walk to the hospital with my arms crossed.

I then heard my ringtone. For the love of God who is calling me. The caller ID said Shane.

Oh no.

I answered it with a simple "Hello." I heard rustling on the other side then a sigh.

"Where the hell are you?" He says sounding pissed. Well this is going to be weird.

"None of your damn business." I state simply in a very calm tone. He lets out a grunt. "Desiree...Emily has been missing for 3 weeks. Her parents called the cops, and..." He freezes dead sentence.

"And?" I say trying to encourage him to continue. He sighs before saying "There suspecting you as the kidnapper."

What. Me, as the kidnapper. Um no. That's a never.

"Well it's not me. I'm with friends in California, so leave me alone. I swear I didn't kidnap Emily. Why would I ever? Now I have got to go. So bye Shane." I say before hanging up.

Kidnapping, really? Why me. Why do I even make friends. I think.

I hear Kaitlyns feet finally catching up to me. She is breathing loudly. I snicker as she has to take two steps for my one. We get into the elevator with a older man. Then I realized something and blurt it out. "How do you know the room number?"

She then states "They called me and said he would be on the 13th floor room 703. They said the surgery could take from 3 minutes to 12 hours, so I figured I wanted to be here when he wakes up. So we are staying in his room till he is brought up."

Ugh, 3 minutes to 12 hours. They can't narrow it down a little more. It was around two hours when the nurse came in a told us he would be um in five minutes.

I wander if he hates me...

He probably does.