Chapter 2

Emily came over my house every day after school to check on me after the accident, and we really became good friends. We apparently go to the same high school as seniors. Today would be the first day I actually go. I was pondering on what to wear when I decided to pick black leggings, a red crop top, and black knee high boots. Emily said this was the "in" thing, and I wanted to fit in. I made sure to put on my moms glass necklace. She would wear it everyday, so I decided to wear it everyday to. Kind of like my reminder for her.

   Once I arrived, I walked in through the front doors to see that Emily was right, basically everyone had leggings, crop tops, and boots.as I walked I heard someone scream my name, and I realized it was Emily, I smiled and she ran over to me she had the same thing as me on except she had a mini skirt and her top was blue. "So I'm going to take you to the office, then we will eat lunch together, OK?" I smiled and nodded she walked me to the office, my side still hurt and it turned out I had 2 fractured ribs. I went in and grabbed my schedule and it turns out I have 4 periods with Emily. We walked to first period together, as we walked my the principles office I saw a boy sitting in the chair. He had jeans, and a black shirt that showed of his muscles on his chest, and he didn't look happy. Then I noticed he had blue eyes like me, and dirty blonde hair. His eyes were beautiful, and intense. "Emily, who is that?" I whispered as we walked through the sea of students. "That's Shane Blonder, he is one of the "cool" kids. He is a player, and a bad one to. Has no remorse for who he hurts." She said coldly. Figures, I think a kid looks hot and he is a player.

     First period was science, which was so boring I fell asleep. Second period was just starting when a familiar pair of intense blue eyes walked in, it was Shane. I didn't like the look he had on, the look of someone who did something terrible and was proud of it.  He stopped at the table behind me and sat near a tall boy with black hair, and brown eyes. Class was now starting and the teacher came in right on time. She didn't look happy. More like I hate everyone in this school. The teacher looked at the class and said "Open your books to page 57, then take notes. I truly don't care if you do it alone, in groups, with a partner, just get it done." Then she pulled out her phone and began to text.

  I rolled my eyes and thought wow so enthusiastic. I grabbed my text book out of my bag and started taking notes. Someone tapped on my back and I swung around to look at Shane's intense blue eyes. "Are you new or something?" He said questioningly. I nodded and gave a half smile. He gave a full beautiful smile and said "Don't talk much I guess, anyway my name is Shane Blonder, what's yours?" Wow, he was friendly, I thought."Desiree Manna." I stated. He nodded and turned back to his friend. I could hear faint whispers from them that I could just make out. "How did it go, did you give him what he deserved?" The boy with the black hair said. Shane let out a small evil laugh and said "That and more. He was taken away by ambulance." The guy with the black hair then said "Are you in trouble." Shane laughed a little louder then stated "Oh Justin, when am I not in trouble." Then there whispers got to low and I couldn't hear them. I was shocked, what did Shane do to that kid, what did he do to deserve that, how isn't he suspended?

Second period was over and I was so glad to be out of there. Next was calculus, I let out a sigh. God did I hate calculus. I stepped in to see Emily. She gave me a smile and pointed to the seat next to her. I gladly sat down and we talked about second period. "Wow, Shane was nice to you!?"  She exclaimed. I gave her a smile and nodded. Then I looked over to see Shane's friend Justin sit next to me, just as the teacher walked in. She was just like second period teacher. "Open up to page 108, and do notes with the person at your table." She said dully. Oh great, that's Justin. He just opened his book and started writing without even looking at me.

  Whatever I thought and started writing on my own to. Half way through the period he looks at me and said "Oh I'm Justin Cullins, your Desiree Manna right." He said with excitement. Wow this is a change of attitude. I nodded with a smile. "It's great to finally have a new kid, like I'm sick of these people. Anyway, can I see your schedule?" But before I could answer him he ripped it out my hands. "Ok, we have second, third, sixth, and seventh period together. So what do you want to do now?" He said as he closed his books. I guess he noticed I finished while he was talking. I shrugged my shoulders. He smiled and said "Hang man." I let out a laugh. I said "I use to play that with my mom before..." I stopped and didn't finish. He gave me a questioning look "Before what?" I froze, no one can find out my past and what I did, they will think I'm a crazy murderer. "Nothing." I stated and we began to play hang man.