Chapter 6

I haven't looked at my phone in 2 days.

I didn't need a reason to go back there with Dave, who was probably in touch with Ryan. I was now checking in to a hotel. After paying, I walked down the empty hallway to room 407. I looked at the golden numbers, and then put my key in the keyhole and turned it slowly. I never liked hotel rooms, they were to expensive, and I don't know who slept in them last.

I walked in to see a king size Aqua blue bed, there was a big flatscreen tv, and the wooden floors were very shiny. The walls were white, and there was two brown doors, one led to the closest, the other a huge bathroom. The bathroom had a blue tile floor, with a marble sink. The walls were dark blue, and there was a beautiful shower.

I laid down on the huge bed and stretched out. I have been driving for 2 straight days, and I was so tired. I did buy clothing at Walmart the other day. I brought nothing with me besides the clothes on my back, and my moms necklace. I grabbed a pair of my new pajamas. They were red polka dotted shorts, with a plain red top.

After changing I took off my moms necklace and examined it.

The golden chain was like a choker, if fit very tight around my neck. Then there was a glass pendant, that had a picture of our family. It was about a quarter in size, and it was pretty heavy.

But there was something different.

It had no weight at all. I looked at it closely, but there was no difference. So I shrugged it off, but I was still suspicious.

I took out my phone and turned it on. 4 new messages, and still one voice mail.

Hey-S

Emily hasn't been coming to school, is she with you-S

My eyes widened. Emily hasn't been coming to school? Maybe she was looking for me, I'll just call her later.

It isn't like Emily to ditch school-S

HELLOOOOO, are yo even alive Desiree-S

I'm barely alive I thought. I called Emily but it went right to voicemail.

"Hey Emily its Desiree," I started kind of low, then continued. "Shane said you haven't been in school. I hope your OK. If you sick I hope you get better, and if your looking for me...don't bother. Ok see ya later Emily!" I hung up fast and let out a long breathe.  Should I respond to Shane? I looked at the messages again, then decided to answer.

Shane, I don't want to talk. I have no idea where Emily is, so just please leave me alone. Don't come looking for me because you won't find me. Bye-me

I really didn't want him to leave me alone. I liked him...to much. I shut off my phone and placed it on the table near my bed.

I leaned back onto the pillow, and pooled the covers over me. I looked at my phone  sitting on the table. I actually liked talking to Shane. He may of been a player, but he does seem nice...as a friend. After that I fell into a deep sleep.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I woke up, and slowly turned onto my side. I didn't want to get up. I let out a loud huff and sat upright, letting my feet dangle off the bed. I scooted my way to the end, and got up.

I got dressed into a blue Cookie Monster shirt, and skinny jeans. I slowly slipped on my sneakers and gatherers my belongings. I grabbed my moms necklace and put it on. I took one last look at the room before I left.

I got into my truck, and turned on the radio. While I dove past the sign reading "Welcome To California" which was a long way from Pennsylvania.