Prologue

It's been around 900 years since I lost Arthur. It's a bit hard to keep count. It feels like it all just happened. It's like only a week ago he was bossing me around and I was sort of mouthing him off like we always did. But things have changed so much since that time. It's weird how it seems like a short time ago yet time always seems to drag on.
      I get by okay in life. Things have changed so greatly from how they used to be. Cars are very convenient; and airplanes too. It all just seems so unreal at times. But I seem to keep up with the times just fine. I do quite a bit of moving around because of being immortal and not wanting to freak too many people out. I don't think it'd end well if people found out... I'd probably be put in a lab to be tested. I don't really fancy the idea.
      So I just keep moving around every 10 years or so. I have a job and some friends. Life is okay but it's not great and thrilling like it used to be. I like sitting in the park and watching people and things. But somehow nearly everything reminds me of the good days, when I was young and Arthur was still here.
      I see two best friends teasing each other and laughing and I think of us. Or I see a team of runners running along the path and I think of the Knights. Or I may even see two lovers having a picnic together and I think of Gwen and Arthur. Sometimes it's not so bad but other times it gets to the point where I can almost literally see them! It can be very overwhelming. But I just remind myself that I'm seeing things. It's too late for them now.

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you liked it! I am planning to post part 1 soon. If you have any comments or ways to improve feel free to message me about it.

The Once and Future Kingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें