Chapter 20

Gradually things begin to get less awkward and we all start to have a normal conversation. At first since Gwen and Morgan don't know me it's a lot of them asking me questions about my life and my hobbies, and me questioning them back. After a short while we all seems to have a basic understanding of each other and we were all telling stories and making jokes. It's just so nice being here with them, just like it was. We're sitting there for at least a good half hour before Morgan says,
"Is it just me or does something about this feel very familiar? I mean the four of us together."
"I have to say that I feel it too," Gwen replies, "I feel like we've done this before, like we've been friends forever."
"Agreed," Arthur says, "I mean I already knew all of you but there's just something about the four of us that seems so familiar." He looks at me with an odd look.
"Yes, it is." I don't really know what else I should say beyond that. Obviously we all naturally click together, but I don't know if Gwen and Morgan know anything. I can sense that Arthur knows something's up by now, so he decides to take questioning into his own hands.
"So Morgan, what exactly do you mean when you say familiar? Like is there anything specific?"
"I don't think so... I mean I know I never met you before," she looks at me, "but there was already something familiar about you when I met you. Like it was from a dream..."
"A dream," Gwen starts, "yes a dream. Wait Morgan, did you actually ever have a dream?"
"Why?" I ask Gwen, "Do you know something?"
"Well... there was one time. Remember the day we first met, in the park?" I nod.
"Well after that I did have a dream about you. And Morgan and Arthur were there too. It was all just a blur. There was a castle and horses. We were riding through the woods," Gwen explains. Suddenly Morgan looks up startled.
"Gwen..." Morgan starts, "I think I had the same dream." Then she smiles and laughs. We all look at her surprised.
"Merlin..." she says, "I knew that name sounded familiar."
"Well," Gwen replies, "I think this may mark the beginning of a great friendship."
We all agree and soon after Morgan and Gwen get up to leave, leaving Arthur and I alone.
"So," I begin, "did you know?"
"About what?"
"About Gwen and Morgan in the past. That we all knew each other."
"Yeah, I did," he admits, "I didn't really have time to tell you."
"So it's the four of us, back together."
"Apparently so," Arthur states. Both of us smile and start to laugh. He may be as happy as I am.
"Well Merlin this certainly was fun. Oh and about what I said earlier at the beginning, about you not trusting me..." My smile drops. I completely forgot.
"Yeah?"
"It's okay Merlin. I know that you trust me. Let's just put the past behind us, and focus on moving forward."
"Okay," I answer happily.
"Okay. We'll see you next time!" He says as he walks off. I get up to walk home as well.
     Today has truly been amazing, I think as I walk home. We're all the best of friends again. And I can't help but think about Morgana, er, Morgan. Maybe this time I can save her. Maybe things could turn out differently this time.
      What Gwen said about this being the beginning of a great friendship for us keeps sticking in my mind. This truly was the beginning all over again. Arthur and I meeting and the four of us becoming friends. This was the beginning, and it was great. But now the beginning is over. It's sad to think that after this point things may start to go downhill, but then again it may not. Things could turn out differently. But what is certain now is that we have reached the end of the beginning. A new adventure is about to unfold.