Chapter 2

I don't really know how to describe what I'm feeling. Relief, joy, regret, sadness, anxiety, peace, excitement, complete and utter confusion!!! How is Arthur here? He died 900 years ago! And why doesn't he recognize me? Does he just look like Arthur? Am I hallucinating? I look up again to check. Nope, he's here. Clear as day. I suppose I should try and make conversation so he doesn't go away and I lose him again.
"So..." I start, "where are you from?"
"Oh well I always grew up in this town." He answered, "I live just a few miles away from here."
"Oh that's nice," I respond, still at a loss for words.
"Do you come here often?" He asks me. It takes me a few seconds to realize he's speaking to me.
"Oh yes. I like to come here nearly every day to sit and think. It's quite peaceful."
"Right," he said, "I don't really do much for sitting and thinking. I'm more of a do-er. Sitting still doing nothing just isn't really my thing."
"I can tell," I say kind of sarcastically. Yes, I realize I just met the guy and I don't want to scare him away but I just forgot for a second.
"Well if you don't mind," he began, " I think I'm just going to go-"
"Wait! Umm- I just want to know. What's your name?"
"Arthur. Arthur Pendragon." He replies.
"I'm Merlin. I hope to see you again Arthur Pendragon."
"As I hope to see you. It's been nice but I have to go. See you around!" He runs off.
"Yeah... See ya." I say almost to myself.
       And at that moment I made the decision that there's nothing I could do to stop myself from coming at the same time every single day from now on.

Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment any feedback! I hope that you're enjoying the story. I will probably update it in a few days. Have a good weekend!