Chapter 19

We both stand there awkwardly a few seconds. I'm using all of this time to think about what I should do? What does she know? I don't think she's evil. She seems like she's exactly as she was when I first met her. I don't want to misjudge her.
     After a couple seconds Arthur finally notices the tension and breaks the silence.
"So, uh, would you guys like to sit down? We don't have to all stand here forever."
"Sure," I say.
"Why not?" Morgana responds. So we all sit down and start to talk.
"So..." I start, "what has Arthur told you about me?"
"Oh nothing too bad," she smirks. Then she laughs and says,
"He told me that you were his new friend, and that you all are bonding very well. It's nice. To be honest he doesn't have that many many friends."
"Excuse me?" He exclaims. We both laugh about for a good amount of time. She looks so happy, I keep saying to myself.
"So Merlin," she now starts, "what has Arthur told you about me?"
"I'm sitting right here you know!" Arthur states.
"I didn't notice," I joke, "he hasn't told me that much. He just said that you were basically like his sister and you're adopted."
"Something like that," she says.
"Right," Arthur interjects, "so you guys know each other now. Now can you all stop talking about Arthur right in front of his face?" Morgan and I both laugh at this.
"We're just having a bit of fun!" She remarks.
"Yeah Arthur, let us have a bit of fun," I add.
"Well you two are getting along better than I expected. You're just leaving me over here to be alone..." he trails off.
"Arthur?" I question. Then I look over to see him looking up at the pathway. Then I find what, or should I say who, he looking at. Gwen is walking down the path coming toward us.
"Arthur has a bit of a thing for her," Morgan whispers,
"Hey Gwen!" She then yells, "Come over here!" She sees us and strolls over.
"Why hello Morgan, Arthur, and... Merlin right?"
"Yeah, that's me," I answer.
"You've already met?" Arthur questions, to no one in particular.
"Yeah," Gwen responds, "we met a few weeks ago in the park."
"Would you like to sit?" Arthur asks. She agrees and takes the spot next to him, leaving me and Morgana on one side, and Gwen and Arthur on the other.
"It's a beautiful day out," Gwen comments.
"Yes, it is." Arthur replies. He's barely taken his eyes off her since she got here, but she doesn't seem to mind. Then we begin to talk.