Chapter 9

"What?" He asks.
It just occurred to me that speaking up may have been a mistake. I didn't really think about it when I spoke up it just came out. He deserves to know. But this will take a bit of explaining. I prepare myself to start talking.
"Your servant," I repeat, "I was a servant. Specifically your servant. I served you for years. And we grew close over that time."
"Hold on a second," he interrupts, " you were my servant? Why would I need a servant? And you? I figured we were friends but I definitely didn't think you were my servant."
"Well I was. You're father made me your servant after I saved your life once. Long story... But after that we became friends."
"That doesn't answer my first question," he replies, "why did I even have a servant?"
"Because you're the prince!" I exclaim, "Or were the prince. That's just how it works."
"So let me get this straight," he starts, "hundreds of years ago in 'another life' I was a prince and you were my servant?"
"Exactly!" I answer, "Now you're getting it."
"Alright so I'm the prince, you're a servant and we're friends. Got it. Something else just occurred to me," He remarks.
"Yes?"
"In my second memory when you drank the poisoned cup, you basically sacrificed your life for mine. Was that long after you became a servant?" He asks.
"Actually, no. Now that I think about it, it wasn't very long at all. We just became friends. And I knew your life was worth more than mine."
"I'm sure that's not true, Merlin"
"Well technically, yes it was," I reply, "Besides you would do it for me."
"I would?" He inquires.
"Yeah, you would. We're like... Two sides of the same coin. Or we were."
"Right," he responds, "well, it was a fun night. Thank you, Merlin. I'm sure there is more to know but, I'm sure I'll find out more."
"In time, yes. I'm sure you will." I answer.
"Yep. Okay well, I guess I'll leave now. Do you need help cleaning up?"
"Oh no I've got it. It's no trouble."
"Alright then. Well.... Until next time Merlin," he extends his hand and I shake it.
"Until next time. See ya." He leaves.
     Tonight has been truly productive. I didn't have to tell him everything, only what he needed to know. And now that he knows what he knows, I'm sure he will continue to learn more. I know that it will never truly be the same as it used to be, but that's okay. He's back. And with that thought, I go to clean up.

Thanks for reading you guys! I really feel like I need to find something else to say I these things... Well I hope that you like it. If you do, please vote if you would like. And comment if you want. I'll probably post sometime in the next week. Have a great week!!!