Chapter 16

A couple of weeks pass and so far not much is happening with Arthur. I mean we've hung out a few times and he's been getting quite a few more memories but nothing too exciting. Although I must say that he has remembered his father's death, which was pretty heart breaking for him. And that also means he has been introduced to magic.
     Okay so I guess some important things have happened but not too important. When he told me about the memory of his father it was obviously very hard for him. And then because of that he has memories of magic and how it wasn't able to save his father. He did ask me about magic, what it was and if it was bad. I told that it just existed and that no, it wasn't bad. It was just used for some bad things. Thankfully he accepted it and moved on.
     We're going to meet again later today, in the park. That's usually our meeting spot. So right now I'm just sitting on the bench thinking and waiting. I start thinking about the chaos going on around the world again. Right now things seem to be at a stand still. Terrorists have not attacked America in two weeks and America has not yet declared war on the. It's probably because there weren't many casualties, thank goodness. But England has already pretty much made it known that they are siding with America if war does break out. Right now it's just a process of waiting.
     I look down the path to see if Arthur has come yet and sure enough I see him walking down the path. I look down at my watch to see that he's right on time. Strange, I think to myself, he's usually a few minutes late. He walks up to me and I greet him.
"Hello Arthur."
"Hello. Mind if I sit down?"
"No, no problem." I scoot over for him to sit. There's something off about him today. He seemed a bit fidgety for some reason. He sits down and immediately turns to me and says,
"Merlin, I need to know how you're here. Right now."
"What?" I question startled.
"You heard me," He responds, "I need to know now."
"Why? What's the big deal about knowing today?" I ask, growing more nervous by the second. He's never acted like this.
"Because, Merlin, I need to know I can trust you. I need the truth! I know you've been keeping this from me. You avoid it every time I bring it up and I need to know why!" He exclaims. Why does he need to know now? He may not be ready now!
"Okay Arthur," I start calmly. "Can you just tell me why it's so important that you know  now. Did you remember something? Please tell me."
"Why can't you just tell me? Why do you need to know if I remember anything first? I've always known there was something about you, Merlin, and it's time you tell me. How are you here?" He demands. I jump without thinking and his face softens.
"I'm sorry Merlin. I just need to know who you are."
"I'm the same person I always was," I answer. "You can trust me I promise. I would never do anything to hurt you."
"You know it's always puzzled me," he begins, "how you went on all those missions with me and always survived. You were awful at fighting but you almost always seemed to come out just fine. The witch hunter accused you of being a sorcerer, and then you said you were one to save Guinevere's father once." He never told me these memories before. I know that concern is showing on my face.
"Arthur, what are you saying?"
"I need to know right now Merlin, how are you here?" He pleads.
"I have magic," I quiver. I gulp to try and avoid breaking down. It's all too familiar.
"I'm a sorcerer."

This one was a long one... Thanks for reading it though! I've been waiting to do this chapter for a while and I really hope you enjoyed it. I'm expecting my updates to become a lot more frequent now. I'm expecting to post in the next few days so, have a great week!!