・° 'the way she' °・

I tried to see what's in the darker corridor in front of me. I didn't feel safe yet...I actually started wondering if I should feel safe in a group of S-ranked criminals. I gulped and headed straight. I usually wasn't a coward but something about Pein frightened me...maybe that emotionless attitude? Maybe something in his Rinnegan? Maybe that large quantity of power? I really couldn't tell.

My eyes were slowly adjusting to the murk. Just when I calmed down a little I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I froze.

- Are you lost? - I heard a high pitched voice behind my back. It belonged to man so it sounded a little weird...Like he was trying to imitate a girl. I decided to explain before he would think I'm some sort of enemy.

- No, actually. I'm a newbie. - I tried to sound calm.

Before he could reply I felt he bumped on my back.

- Oi, Tobi! What are you doing?! - I heard another voice, this time it sounded more manly. I forced myself to turn a bit and look over my shoulder. I could see two figures; the one standing a little further away from me had blonde hair for sure and second person - that was hugging my back and holding me by waist - had probably dark hair and something on his face, probably a mask but I wasn't sure. - Damn it, I told Leader a lot of times to invest in lights here!...TOBI! What aren't you moving, un?

- D-Deidara-senpai! I found a newbie! - replied Tobi into my back.

- Who? Just go into main corridor! - he seemed annoyed but I moved further into base to find this main corridor. This darkness was already freaking me out.

When we finally reached lights I turned around. I saw a man...a boy? No, I saw a man that looked young though. He had long blonde hair with a forelock on his left eye. He was wearing this cloak that Pein was probably talking about. It was black with red accents and clouds.

"Barbie", that was the first word in my head to describe him. So, Barbie looked at me with wide, light-blue eyes. Actually with one eye because the left one was hidden behind some sort of tool.

- Who are you, un? - he asked, analyzing my appearance.

- My name is (Name). As I said to your companion here... - I turned around to present Tobi on my back. - ...I'm a newbie.

- Tobi?! Get off of her! - he yelled and hit poor comrade's head.

- Aaaah! Deidara-senpai! - Tobi let me go and caught his head into his hands.

- What are you doing, un?

- Senpai, you bumped on me and I bumped on (Name)-chan! It was your fault! - he cried out and quickly hide behind me once again when he saw Barbie's angry face.