Game 004: Deadly Challenge

Alexia called for Brandon to have a quick discussion. It's not really of much importance, so I'll leave it out.
Once they finished, they got the group together again and we started searching for the chests.

After a while of searching, everyone was tired.
Despite the fact that they had great endurance, they couldn't keep walking forever.
During our break, Sharon heard a crunch. She jumped up and swiveled her head around, trying to find the source.
"What's wrong?" Erin asked. Sharon hesitated, shook her head, and sat back down.
But as she did so, Paris Region, a boy known to be very resistant to pain, who was sitting around the outside of the group, suddenly cried out, almost a scream if it weren't for his deep voice.
Scared, everyone turned to face their group mate.
There, tightly gripping Paris's wrists to restrain his fists from fighting back, its teeth sunk deep into the boy's neck, was a vampire, its grin as it dined sending chills up the group members' spines.
It was actually quite tan and had brown hair, unlike the traditional black-haired and pale-skinned vampires. Either way, it was eerily creepy.
Paris's screams turned to gargles, and then they stopped. His hands suddenly slacked, and he paled.
A girl, Lizzy Scrawl, screamed, "PARIS!!!"
She had the right to do so.
After all, her boyfriend that she had loved so much and loved her all the same had died right before her eyes.

No one was sure anymore how, but we managed to fight off the nasty creature. It had transformed itself into a brown bat and had flown away in the darkness.
We did all the work, letting Lizzy cry over Paris's dead body. Her screams of sadness and pain made it feel as if the entire world had crumbled upon the death of a single boy.

After about half an hour of crying, her tears finally dried and her voice was sore. She couldn't scream or cry anymore, but she could still sob a bit.
Finally, she stopped and put down the dead body of a boy she once knew.
With a hardened look on her face, she faced the group and, regaining her voice, declared, "Let's win this game, for our lives, for our friends, family, and everyone else! Let's win this game and return everything to normal!"
With the speech firing up their souls, the Black Roses turned their face expressions serious and nodded in agreement.
It was time to get on with the show.
Suddenly, a small tinkling sounded behind us. We whirled around to see a chest appear there in dark-colored sparkles.
We had finally found the challenge.
Brandon opened the chest and as he did, a sheet of paper took the place of the chest.
This time, Alexia took the paper out of the air and read it.
"Congratulations to all players that have made it this far in the realm. The other groups that have survived the entire game so far is 208 (and counting, mainly down, sometimes up).
"Now, the challenge is simple, yet hard. You must choose one of your members and that member must die. Of course, they will be revived if someone completes the game, but they'll be dead for the rest of the game otherwise. Choose, and the vampire will come again to take the chosen one's life. You have only five minutes to decide after this paper disappears, or you fail the challenge and you are all killed."
As soon as Alexia finished reading the paper, it disappeared and the timer had started.
A lot of discussion had occurred, but in the end, Erica actually convinced the Black Roses that she should be the one to die.
"I'm scared to hell about death," she had said airily- "but what scares me the most is the thought that my friends and family had to suffer because I was too scared to die.
Sadly, the group let their ADD friend go, and the timer went off.
Erica's life was taken, but she smiled anyways.
As the scene of Erica's death faded away, tears streamed down all our faces.
Even Sharon cried.

30 members left.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
Hello! Vanguard16 here again! If this chapter depressed you with the death scenes, understand that not many would survive in this book.
Remember to please comment if you have questions or if you think something should have changed. Also, if you like this story, please vote! That will help me to be able to keep writing more stories!
I won't say much about this this time, but please follow Dragonite7!
Again, if you ARE Dragonite7, thank you for the support you have given me when I felt down. You are a one-of-a-kind supporter!✨🍙🍛💯*check previous chapter for reference to meaning*
To all readers, please enjoy the rest of the book!