Before he was Second in Command

All I could remember was that my name was Brandon Block. I was thirteen years old, and some other personal information.
However, what I could not remember was my past, who my family was, or where I was from.
I was left to wander the streets of an unfamiliar city, sleeping in alleyways and selling labor for food and water, and occasionally a bed to sleep in under a roof.
I had lived like that for a full year when one day, I was sleeping in a dark alley when I was awoken by a pair of footsteps coming my way.
I opened my eyes to see if it was another so-called "gang" member. I was surprised to see that it wasn't.
It was a young girl, probably two years younger than me, standing in front of me and holding out her hand to me.
"It's cold there," she said quietly. "If you help me build a gang, I'll promise you that you can have a permanent bed and room, as well as provided food and water."
I looked at her face and saw that her eyes were glimmering with what looked like determination, respect, and overall, honesty. I looked at her hand, reached mine out, hesitated for a second, then finally took it. She helped me up and we shook hands, all in that one hand-hold.
After a full year of searching, we found enough people to call a "gang".
"Now, for a gang name," said Freddy Barns, one of the new members.
Alexia thought.
"How about, the Black Roses?"
After all, the group was founded by Rosa and Block.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
Hello! Vanguard16 again! How do you like this story? Tell me in the comments below!
I know that this was short, but I have a feeling that maybe I should also add a few more things to this story, so therefore I'm planning to write a separate story all about Brandon.
But don't start celebrating too soon. I also have a condition for this.
I must have at least 50 comments and votes added together for this short story before I will start writing the next story. Don't hate me, but this is what I really will do. So, if you want to have a story for Brandon or any other character, try to get at least 50 comments and votes combined for this, and your comment could also be an idea for another story. I already know about Brandon, so also help give me ideas for other members.
Thanks if you do! Once I reach a combination of 50 votes and comments (I am not really asking for much, I don't expect too many people to read my story) I'll write that story on Brandon, promise! (Note: even one vote and 49 comments work, but that would be too many comments for one person to handle, so help by commenting! I'll be "counting" on you all!) Enjoy life, don't die young, and live life the way you want to! Peace out!
Before I go, I want to thank Dragonite7 for supporting me and KittyKitty4life for following me without me following them first! Thanks so much!