Game Finale: Afterward

Years after the Virus of the Games, all those in the Black Roses departed.
Barry and the others who had helped us out had come into the human world, also as a gift to them for being so brave as to help those who were supposed to be their enemies.
Paris and Lizzy marry, having one girl whom they named Lily. Paris worked as an engineer, creating new and better technology. Lizzy took care of Lily. Not once did any of the family members fight.
The girl that had rejected William married the man she had dated for all those years, and upon hearing about her brave classmate that she had rejected those many years ago, she named her son and only child Zed, and her husband agreed it was the right thing to do.
William's mother and step father had been devastated at their son's death, and took his body to bury properly, praying that he was happy in heaven. Trust me, I knew he was.
Well, Brandon finally found the courage to confess to Alexia, and they had married, having a son and a younger daughter. They named their son William and their daughter Zoe.
One day, while I was babysitting William for Alexia and taking care of my own child, William ran up to me and said, "Mrs. Ly, you had been good friends with my mother and father for a while now, right? Do you know why they named me 'William'? I'm not complaining about it. In fact, my name earned me many friends! But I want to know why that is, and why I my name is so important."
I smiled at him kindly and, recalling the past, answered, "Because your would-be uncle was named William, and he had saved the world. That's why everyone respects the name."
And so, with a light heart, I told the story of the great teen, William Zed, and his life.
Well, I guess I sorta cheated. I used a diary that contains all his thoughts, even those of him in heaven. William listened to the wonderful tale of a brave and relentless kid who did everything for his sister.
And I know that somewhere out there, William Zed is listening to the story that I, Sherylyn Ly, was telling right then.

                               END