»10. Too Good«

Thank you to the creator of this lovely cover :)They didn't mention their wattpad account name in the email so I don't know who to tag.

+ + +

Silvia's P.O.V.

I had low expectations when I woke up for the first day back to school. First of all, Finn wasn't done with ruining my year. Each time I left a classroom, I took a precaution measure and looked over my shoulder, praying that he wouldn't show up in any of my classes.

Out of the two new classes I had received, he showed up in my writing class and openly stared at Ronnie throughout the entire lesson. During class, Ronnie kept on whispering into my ear how she wanted me to order her some pepper spray—like mine—just in case she ended up alone with him.

"I'm not sure why, but I don't think he's going to put you in any danger," a girl from our writing class said, walking out of the room with us. She was supposedly one of Ronnie's friends that helped out in the theater department. "I think it's kind of cute."

"Staring at me across a classroom isn't cute," Ronnie grumbled and entered the cafeteria with slump shoulders matching her tired face. "I swear if he does that during class again, I'm going to throw something at him."

I smiled to myself, imagining Ronnie throwing a chair at Finn was less horrifying and more comical. I knew she was mad enough to do it, but she wasn't violent enough.

Letting out a yawn, I got into a long lunch line. We were a little late to lunch because of Mr. Adrian's speech about respect in class. "If that happened to me, I'd stare back and start glaring until they looked away."

"You didn't do that when Dakota was staring at you. Matter of fact, you barely looked at him," the girl observed. "I don't blame you though. I hear he's a complete psycho."

My head whipped around. "What did you just say?"

"Uh, I heard he's not right in the head," she repeated, dropping her gaze to the floor. "I'm surprised you're offended by that. You guys aren't together."

"If anyone is going to insult him, it's going to be me and only me. What the fuck has he done to you? Nothing. He probably doesn't even know you exist." I was gradually getting louder, causing her to step out of the line, facing her palms to me.

She backed up, hitting her spine against the wall. "I didn't know you were just as crazy."

Ronnie sucked in a deep breath with her teeth bared. "Run."

She took Ronnie's hint and left us alone, taking the spot further back in the line.

"That's the third girl in like a week you've scared off because they said something about Dakota." Ronnie noted. "Is something wrong?"

Since getting with Gabriel didn't work, Ronnie recently adopted the plan to get more female friends since she was the only real friend I had. She knew a lot of girls at Crescent High. She grew up with these students and knew every single one of them. I, on the other hand, was lacking in the friend department and barely knew any of them.

Most of her attempts ended with the girl making a joke about Dakota and how she didn't understand why I would go for someone like him, which lead me to threaten them, along with saying other offensive things directed toward them. Either they backed away or completely flipped us off.

"There's nothing wrong with me," I defended. "The only reason they're talking shit about him is because of Maven or probably what they heard from his friends."

"They're your friends, too."

"Not anymore. Friends don't do that kind of stuff to you." I shook my head. "I asked Pierson for distance and he has done a really good job at not getting in my way so far."