Pilot

"Class dismissed." I said as I looked at my dance class.

They thanked me before grabbing their stuff and heading out of the building.

"This has to be the first time that you've ended class on time." my friend, Emma Swan, said as she stood at the door.

"Funny, but you have that date tonight, and I'm not going to keep you from that." I said back as she drove us home.

Confused? Let me explain. My name is Hazelle Alycia Camryn Evans (I know that I probably have a long name, but you will find out why later on). I'm 28 years old today, and so is my friend, Emma Swan. We've been friends for as long as I can remember, and I knew she had a child while she was in prison, but that didn't make me change my mind about helping her get her life back on track. It's funny, though, because our birthday is the exact same day, but it's pretty cool because we get to celebrate together.

Emma is a bail bonds woman and I'm a dance teacher. I'm also a black belt, but I keep that a secret because guys don't like girls who are stronger than them. Emma is going on a date with a guy she met online and I'm going to sit in the car just to be safe even though I know she can handle herself.

I hope that clears up some of the questions that you may have, but if not then maybe my story will help. When she came back to the car after the date, she told me that the guy was the same guy that she helped out on bond. I laughed at that and that resulted in her lightly popping me before she joined me.

When we got home, Emma lit a candle on a cupcake and we both made a wish as we blew out the candle.

Both of us jumped as the doorbell rang. We looked at each other before Emma went to answer it. We were both shocked when a little boy stood at the door, and claimed that he was Emma's son. Emma and I looked at each other before the boy, who said his name was Henry, came into the apartment.

Henry told us about a town called Storybrooke, which is where he lives, and how he needed us to come back with him. Emma didn't believe him, but I wasn't sure about it. I kept thinking back to the dreams I've been having, and the scar that I have on my left shoulder. I may not remember how or where I got the scar, but I do know that it has to do with 2 guys and me risking my life to save one of the guys from the other.

I was pulled from my thoughts when Emma told me that she was taking Henry home. I told her that I was coming with her. Emma didn't argue, but she knew that it wouldn't have mattered if she did or because I always win.

As Emma was driving, I noticed that Henry was reading a story book. I thought it was cute, but I was also curious on why he brought it with him. I think he thought that if something went wrong, then he could resort to using it, but I remember reading those stories when I was growing up.

"Which story as you reading?" I asked as I leaned forward to talk to Henry.

"Snow White." Henry replied with a smile.

"Cool. My favorite story is Peter Pan." I said with a smile.

"Really Hazelle." Emma said as she looked at me through the rearview mirror.

"What? I love that story." I said back with a shocked face. I really did love that story.

When we finally came to a stop, I thought it was weird when Henry said that time was frozen in Storybrooke because of a curse that the evil queen had placed on the people of the town. Emma still didn't believe him, but I did for some reason.

We got back in the car, and Emma drove us to the mayor's house. I was still in shock that Henry was the mayor's kid, but then again, I'm not really surprised. When we pulled up to the house, I stayed in the car while Emma walked Henry to the door.

I watched as a woman and a man ran out the door, and the woman hugged Henry. I giggled at the woman's expression when Henry ran past her. I got out of the car, walked to Emma, and smiled at the woman. The woman invited us in for a drink. I just followed them in and just listened as the woman and Emma talked about Henry. I followed Emma out to her car. While Emma was driving, she noticed that Henry left his book.

"Emma." I said while showing her that there was a wolf in the road.

Emma slammed on the brakes and tried to miss the wolf. When we finally stopped, we had hit the WELCOME TO STORYBROOKE sign. We finally woke up in a jail cell to a dwarf whistling. Emma tried to get us out of the cell by talking to the sheriff, but he wasn't buying anything she said.

I was about to let the man have it when the woman, whose name is Regina, ran into the building yelling for the man, whose name is Graham. Regina said that Henry was gone, and she was also wondering why we were still here. I wanted to tell her off, but Emma beat me to it. We ended up going back to the mayor's house, so Emma could do her thing. Emma found what she was looking for, and the next thing I know, we're headed to an elementary school to talk to Henry's teacher.

Regina was a bitch to Henry's teacher, whose name I found out to be Mary Margaret, and when she left; she knocked over a stack of books. I stood off to the side, and let Emma do her magic. She's really good with talking to people, and I knew that she would get more information about Henry. I followed Emma to her car, and sat quietly in the back as she drove to this beach type site that had a crooked castle on it. I sat in the car while Emma talked to Henry. We finally took Henry back, Regina told Emma off, at least that's what Emma told me, and now we were heading to some place to get a room or rooms, I should say.

I was happy that we were staying in Storybrooke because I was starting to like this place. This man, whose name is Mr. Gold, according to Granny, told me and Emma that he hoped that we enjoyed our stay. We were shocked by it, but I had this strange feeling that I knew him from somewhere, but I didn't press it because I was too tired to think straight. Granny gave us two room keys, which were right next to each other, and I glanced out the window before I went to sleep, and noticed that once of the hands on the clock moved.

I'm going to bed now and I hope that our stay is good because I think this town is growing on me. Well, I guess we'll see what happens in the morning.

Hazelle's outfit to carry Henry home: http://www.polyvore.com/invisible_magic/set?id=102373021&lid=3056098