Red-handed

I went home that night, and had just got into my pajamas, when there was a knock at my door. I went to answer it, and was shocked to see David standing there. I invited him in, and we went into the living room because I knew that he probably wanted to talk.

"I know you didn't do anything." I told him after a few minutes of silence.

"I'm glad, but I can't seem to shake this feeling that something is missing." David said with a small smile.

"Everything will work out, and with Emma on the case, she'll find out the truth in no time." I said with a smile.

David thanked me and we just sat there and talked. We talked about everything and time just seemed to slip away from us. When we checked the time, it was nearly midnight. David apologized for keeping me up this late, and I told him not to worry about it. David left and I went to bed.

The next day Emma called me and asked if I had heard from David. I told her that he came by last night, but after that, I have no idea where David went after that. After that, I started to get worried because David is like a father to me, but then Emma called me and told me that she and Ruby found David in the woods and that they were carrying him to the hospital, and that I could meet them there. I got dressed and ran to the hospital as fast as I could.

When I got to the hospital, I caught my breath before I went in to see David. I walked into the room, and went straight to David. David hugged me tight, and I did the same. I looked at Dr. Whale and waited as he told us what was wrong with David.

"Well, he's bruised, scratched up, a little dehydrated...What did you expect?" Dr. Whale said as he looked at Emma.

"He's got a cut on his head." Emma answered as I stood next to David.

"It's superficial. I can refer him to Dr. Hopper for a mental health eval, but it's my opinion that whatever caused this blackout is the same phenomenon we observed when he came out of his coma. Moving around, acting out, not remembering it later." Dr. Whale said as he crossed his arms.

"We will figure it out." Emma said as she looked at David.

David sighed before saying, "It's so strange. I can't even believe it happened."

I hugged David because I knew what he was going through. I went through this with a friend of mine. I hope this ends well, and not like it ended with my friend.

"How functional could he be during one of these episodes? I mean, he talked to someone." Emma said as she looked at Dr. Whale.

"People in similar states, even under sleep medication, do all sorts of things. Cooking, talking, driving a car." Dr. Whale replied.

"You want to know if I could've made that call. Or more. You want to know if I could've what, kidnapped her? Killed her?" David asked as he and I looked at Emma.

"Take it easy, there." Dr. Whale said.

"No one's saying you did anything bad, David." Emma said.

"No, but it would explain why it didn't seem like I was lying. I wouldn't know." David said.

"Stop talking, David." Regina said as she walked up to us.

We were all shocked to say the least, but I didn't get to stay for the whole conversation because my phone rung. I went to answer it, but it stopped ringing. I was confused, but when I looked at the screen, it was an unknown number. I decided not to worry about it. I went to Granny's after I left the hospital, but that was short lived because Emma came to get me.

"Why did I need to come with you?" I asked Emma as she drove us to the animal shelter.

"I think that you need to hear this as well." Emma replied as we got out of the car.

When we walked in, Mary-Margaret and David looked at us. I hoped that whatever Emma was about to tell us, would be good, somewhat.

"What is it? Did you find her?" David asked.

"We found a box." Emma replied.

"What does that mean?" David asked and I was wondering the same thing.

"We think it... We think that she..." Emma tried to say something, but it was hard for her.

"What?" David asked.

"There was a human heart inside it." Emma replied.

"Oh, my God." Mary-Margaret and I said at the same time, and I was trying my hardest not to get sick.

"No." David sobbed and I made my way over to him.

David hugged me tight as he cried into my shoulder. I just hugged him just as tight, and we listened to Emma.

"We're gonna send it out for some tests, but there aren't any other missing people." Emma told us softly.

Mary-Margaret tried to get Emma to leave and came over to David and I. I knew there was something else, and Emma confirmed my thoughts when she said, "There's more."

"What?" David asked as we all looked at her.

"There were fingerprints inside the lid of the box. I ran them through the record of everyone in town, and there was a match." Emma replied.

"Arrest me." "No!" David and Mary-Margaret said at the same time.

"David..." Mary-Margaret said as David headed over to Emma.

"Arrest me. Emma, do it." David said as I stood next to him.

"David, the fingerprints weren't yours." Emma said calmly.

"What?" David whispered.

"They were Mary-Margaret's." Emma replied.

We all looked at each other. I was shocked and couldn't believe what Emma had just said.

Hazelle's pajamas: http://www.polyvore.com/invisible_magic_15/set?id=129300640&lid=3056098

Hazelle's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/invisible_magic_15/set?id=129404993&lid=3056098