Chapter 2

We headed towards the cafeteria, and on the way there we passed by some interesting classrooms and people. There were the photographers who took pictures of everyone and everything, the emos who smoked and wore black all day, the sluts who wore skin tight clothes that revealed to much skin, basically your typical high school. As for the classrooms? Well those were a different story. There was fashion designing class, which I enrolled for, cooking and baking class, pole dancing class (don't ask), modeling class, surfing class, singing/writing songs class (which I also signed up for), and obviously the boring ones like math, science, history etc.

"Damn this school is amazing," I said.

"Meh, once you've been here for a while, it really isn't," Vivian said.

"I guess," I said. We reached the cafeteria and I was amazed at the food. It wasn't crappy looking or food that looked like pigs would want. It was legit food that you would eat out, or that your parents would make. 

"Holy shit," I said. 

"Yeah I was blown away the first time I saw it too," she said and headed towards the line. I followed her wondering what I was going to get. There were different types of salad, sushi, and soup. I decided to get all three. I ended up with caesar salad, California rolls, and hot and sour soup. Vivian guided me to a back corner table where there was only the 2 of us. The whole cafeteria stared and whispered as we walked by. We sat down and I suddenly felt uncomfortable with all the unwanted attention.

"Sorry, everyone is just amazed that I haven't ripped your head off or that you're hanging out with me at all," Vivian explained my confusion. 

"Oh," I said simply.

"You'll get used to it," she said.

"Alrighty then," I said and ate my lunch. We had little conversation as we ate. She had caesar salad and soup because she was allergic to sea food. Once we were done, we threw out our left overs and headed out.

"Have you gotten your schedule?" she asked.

"Nope," I responded.

"Lets go get it. Classes start on Monday, you're lucky you got here on a Sunday," she said and lead the way to the main office. After a 5 minute walk, we entered the office. The secretaries glared at Vivian and she glared back at them. She popped a piece of bubble gum in her mouth and began to chew it. She looked at me and motioned me to speak up.

"Oh right," I said. "Can I have my schedule please? Melody Peers."  

"Oh the niece, right," one of them said and handed me a piece of paper.

"The niece" Vivian asked and popped a bubble.

"I'll explain later," I muttered and kept my eyes locked on the sheet of paper.

Melody Peers Schedule:

Monday-Friday

Period 1: Singing/Song writing class

Period 2: Modeling class

Period 3: Fashion Designing class 

Period 4: Surfing class

Saturday

Period 1: Math

Period 2: Science

"I have classes on Saturday?" I exclaimed.

"You can choose whether it's in the morning, afternoon or evening," Vivian explained. 

"Do you have Math or Science on Saturdays?" I asked. 

"Math period one and Science period 2," she said.