Chapter 23

"We will be landing shortly. We hope you enjoyed your flight with WestJet and come take a flight with us soon!" 

I stirred awake and stretched. I averted my eyes towards Alec and saw him asleep so I lightly shook him awake. He opened one eye and I smiled. "We're almost home," I whispered.

"I wanna sleep," he mumbled and closes his eye again. I chuckled and shook my head.

"No Salt, wake up," I said. He groaned and sat up. "Good boy," I said. He looked at me and rolled his eyes. "Hey! Manners!" I said sternly. 

"Sorry mom," he said sarcastically. 

"Shut up," I said and smacked his arm.

I glanced out the window and Milan came into view. We had spent our last few days in San Fransisco hanging with Ella and Charming. Everyone kept their cool, so we had no arguments. I hadn't talked to any of the jerks as much, it was mostly just Dylan. I've learned to forgive them for what happened in Vegas, but I could never forget.

Speaking of what happened in Vegas. Justin had gone to court and he is suppose to do a hundred and sixty hours of community service. He would have went to jail for manslaughter, but he had killed Zayn when he was seventeen and not eighteen. 

The plane landed and we proceeded to get off it. We headed to baggage claim, security, and the rest of the airport process. Once we were done, we headed outside where Marco was waiting for us. We gave him a hug, and loaded our luggages in the back of the car.

It felt good to be back in Italy; away from everyone. However, I was glad I made peace with my past. Once we got to the school, Aunt  Moline and Uncle Jared were waiting for us at the front gates. I gave them each a big hug and assured them I was fine.

We headed towards our rooms where we, unfortunately, met up with Leslie. I silently groaned but put on my best fake smile. "Leslie," I smiled. 

"Melody isn't it?" she asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Mmmm Alec's supposed girlfriend?" she asked. I frowned a little and bit my lip.

"Not supposed she is my girlfriend. What do you want Leslie?" Alec came from behind me while slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"Alec! Sweetheart I haven't seen yo-"

"Cut it. Stay away from me and my friends. Especially Melody," he said and walked away dragging me with him. 

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding, and looked up at Alec, "thanks babe," I said.

"Anytime. And hey, don't listen to Leslie alright? She has a tendency of getting into people's head and messing them up; so stay away from her," he said. I nodded and we entered the penthouse. I took in the familiar sent and squealed. As much as it was fun going back to San Fransisco, it was great to be home.

"I'm gonna go unpack. We'll meet up for dinner alright?" I told Alec.

"Alright babe," he said and kissed my cheek before leaving. I rolled my luggage to my room and set it on the bed. I scrolled through my social media and answered messages I hadn't been able to answer while I was on the plane. Once I was done I decided to start unpacking. I threw my clothes and toiletries into piles so I knew what to hang, what to fold, and what to put away in my bathroom.

After an hour of doing so, I laid on my bed and played some music. I bobbed my head to the beat of the music and at five I started to get ready for dinner. I changed out of my sweats into some dark blue jeans, and a simple black bodysuit. Not caring for my hair, I reapplied some mascara and eyeliner, and walked out of my room with my vans. 

"Vi you ready?" I called.

"Yeah just give me a minute!" she called back. I sat on the couch and waited patiently for her so we could get going. She was ready ten minutes later and we headed into the guys' penthouse. 

"Nate! Alec!" Vivian yelled.

"Yeah we're ready lets go," Nate said. 

We headed out to the cafeteria and sat at our usual table. 

"I'm not looking forward to tomorrow," I stated.

"Why?" Alec asked.

"I have to write my song," I said.

"You're not done?" Vivian exclaimed.

"No! And I only have three weeks left!" I exclaimed.

"You'll do great babe, don't stress," Alec reassured me. I gave him a small smile and a "thank you."

"Besides, you have surfing classes with us two! You're day will get so much better!" Nate added in. I laughed and nodded.

We continued to eat our dinner and once we were done we headed back up where we, thankfully, didn't encounter Leslie. We headed in for the night and I decided to sleep in my room alone for today. Alec didn't mind it, but Nate decided to hang with Vivian in her room.

I hope they keep their noises to a minimum volume.

I changed into some pyjamas and laid in bed waiting for sleep to take over me, which didn't take much time as I was very tired. I closed my eyes and in a matter of seconds, I was in a dark slumber.

___________________________

Authors Note

Please remember to vote and comment! Love you all! Thank you for reading and I hoped you enjoyed.