Chapter 19

We entered the hair salon and because there weren't many people in, they took us immediately.

"What do you want?" I asked Vivian.

"I need a root touch up," she said. I looked at her with confusion and she sighed. "I don't have natural light brown hair. I have dark brown hair, and it's starting to show so I need a touch up," she said.

I stared at her for a bit and just nodded.

"Do you think you can do that?" she asked the lady.

"Sure thing!" The lady said.

"And what about you?" A girl roughly around my age asked.

"Could you trim my hair two inches and style it? I'm going to a party," I asked.

"No problem!" she said with a smile.

We were just about to get started when the bell went on, signalling someone entering the salon. I turned to see who it was and I gasped when I saw their face.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed. "Charming?"

Charming looked at me over the counter and his jaw dropped. "Holy shit Melody? Melody Peers?" he asked.

I got out of my seat and jumped into his arms. Ever since I went to Vegas I totally forgot about him. Him and Luke!

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Me? What about you? Last I checked you were sent off to Vegas again," he said.

"Last I checked you were with your dad going back to Hollywood! When did you come back?" I asked.

"Around the time you left. I have a new acting gig here," he said.

"Oh my god really? They're shooting a movie here?" I asked.

"Yeah, I suggested here because I wanted to see you again," he said with a cheesy smile.

"Still haven't lost the charm I see?" I said teasingly.

"I'm not called Charming for nothing babe," he said.

"Oh don't call me babe, I have a boyfriend," I said.

"Oh my god did Justin finally come through?" he asked.

"As if, I'm with a guy I met in It-" but I stopped myself. I love Charming (as a friend) but I couldn't tell anyone at all where I was. I only trust Ella.

"A guy you met..." Charming continued.

"Uh, yeah at my new school," I said. "His name is Alec. If you stop by the party tonight you can meet him," I said.

"I'd love to. I'm glad you found someone," he said with a warm smile.

"Thanks Charm," I said.

"Hey Mel! Wanna introduce me?" Vivian's voice said from behind me. I looked back and saw her looking at us through the mirror.

"Yeah, sorry. Charming this is Vivian, Vivian this is Charming," I said.

"He looks familiar," Vivian said with a confused look.

"He's Channing Tatum's son," I added. Her eyes widened and she squealed.

"Channing Tatum? Oh my God you two look so much alike!" She remarked.

"Thanks," Charming said.

I sat back down and Charming took the seat beside me. "So, where are you now babe?" he asked.

I couldn't give him a death glare since the lady started cutting my hair but we knew each other well so I would assume he could tell I was sending daggers his way.