Chapter 18

I woke up the next morning with Alec beside me. I realized it was nine thirty, and I didn't want to wake him up until ten. So I slept there, on my side, facing him; taking in his appearance.

His eyes were closed, and like most guys, his eyelashes were very long. It never made sense to me why they had such long lashes when they didn't need them!

But he looked so perfect. Too good to be mine. His lips were parted just a little, and his chest, that was against mine, was rising and a steady pace.

He was mine. For once something good was mine. And it seemed like it was all a dream. Like if I woke up, he'd dissappear. All of them would. He'd still be with Leslie because let's face it, she's gorgeous, and I'd still be that shy girl from San Francisco. I frowned just thinking of it.

"What's wrong baby girl?" he asked. I hadn't even realized he was awake and just saw me staring at him.

"What? Nothing," I said with a small smile.

"That frown said otherwise," he said and got up a little. I mimicked his actions and we were both propped up on our elbows. "So tell me, what's wrong?"

"It's stupid," I said looking down at the bed. "It's not even that bad."

"Well if it's not that bad then you wouldn't mind telling me," he said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Alec please just leave it alone."

"No," he said. "You're upset or sad or mad or frustrated with something! And I want to know what it is!"

"You can't know everything!" I said.

"What's that suppose to mean?" He asked.

I got up and walked to the bathroom leaving him unanswered.

"Stupid brain," I mumbled.

"Talking to yourself makes you sound mental Beauty," Justin said. I turned around and saw him standing there, shirtless.

"I told you not to call me that!" I snapped.

"You never had a problem before," he said walking towards me.

"Yeah well that was before everything happened," I said.

"Melody it was a mi-"

"Shut it. I don't want to hear it. Beating someone up to the point where it killed them is not a mistake. You're lucky me nor his parents pressed chargers against you!" I exclaimed.

"I-"

"Honestly Justin! Stop! All of you just stop! Since the day I met you you've caused nothing but trouble! Don't you understand? Since the eighth grade I've never felt truly happy! But now? Now I'm happy! Happy! That thing I haven't felt for years! If you really wanna show you're sorry just please! Please don't ruin this happiness for me! Cause I wouldn't ruin it for you."

He looked at me. Guilt clear on his face. He took a step back and nodded.
"You're right, you deserve to be happy, I'll see you tonight," he said and walked away. I stood there shocked.

For once the egotistical jerk listened and left me alone. I didn't have to fight, I didn't have to walk away first. He understood.

I turned around and looked at the bathroom door taking what just happened in. I never imagined the day where Justin Moors actually apologized and left me alone.

That day was today.

I walked into the bathroom and did my usual routine. I walked back into my room only to find Alec sitting on the bed with his head in his hands.