Chapter 6

The next day I wasn't really up to go to class. I had a sick feeling in my stomach. I looked down at my phone and gasped. No wonder I had a sick feeling in my stomach, today was Jackson's birthday; January twenty fourth. But Jackson was four days older than Justin which meant his birthday was soon too.

"Ugh," I groaned.

"You good?" Vivian asked coming into my room.

"No," I said and held my stomach. Just the thought of the jackasses made me feel nauseous.

"What's the matter?" She asked.

"It's one of their birthdays," I sighed.

"Oh god, which one?" She asked and sat on my bed.

"Jackson," I said.

"Wow, you still going to classes?" She asked.

"I have to or else Aunt Moline will get pissed," I said.

"Really? It's your life honey, you can do whatever you want," Vivian said.

"Whatever, I might as well go, it'll take my mind off of it," I responded and got out of bed. Vivian shook her head and left the room.

I grabbed my phone and went into the bathroom. I dialed Ella's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey Ella," I said.

"Melody?" she whispered.

"Yup," I said.

"Oh, hey!" she said cheerfully.

"Look I can't talk for long but can you just tell Jackson I said Happy Birthday?" I asked.

"He's right here if you wanna talk to him," she said.

"Uhhhh," I stammered. "Sure?"

"Jackson it's for you," she said. I heard muffling on the other end until I heard his voice.

"Hello?"

"Hey, uh it's Melody," I said. He was silent for a moment but he soon spoke.

"Oh hey Mel," he said.

"Happy birthday."

"Th-thanks. Uh where are you?" he asked.

"Gone," I said.

"Yeah I know but wh-"

"Look Jackson I just wanted to say happy birthday out of the goodness of my heart. Now I have to go, bye and have a good day," I said and ended the call.

I sighed and put my phone on the counter. I did my daily routine and got ready for school. I didn't bother looking presentable today since I didn't feel well, so I just went with a pair of black, genie pants, a black tank top, and a white cardigan. I grabbed my phone and bag and went to the kitchen.

"Shall we go?" I asked Vivian who was munching on an apple. "Why aren't you ready?"

"Not going," she responded with a shrug.

"Oh alright," I said. "I guess I'll just go with Nate and Alec."

"We aren't going either," Nate said coming into the kitchen through the connecting door.

"Why?" I whined.

"Don't feel like it," they said. I groaned and hit my head against the wall.

"I. Hate. This. Day." I said.

"Then why'd you call him? And why are you going?" Vivian asked.

"I called, to be polite. I am going so I don't get in trouble. Now if you guys aren't going whatever, I'll see you later," I said and walked towards the door.