Chapter 27

It was finally the day. The day I presented my song and Leslie's party. I woke up early so I got a head start for the day. I changed into leggings and a white top wore my black and white converse, got my things, and headed to the music room. 

"Where are you going?" Vivian called out. "I thought we were going to class together!" 

"Change of plans! Sorry!" I yelled and left. I ran to the elevator and checked the time. I had one hour before class started which meant I had one hour to record the song. Knowing me, that's not enough time. I got to the room and went straight to the recording room with my guitar. 

"Let's do this," I mumbled and put on the headphones. I went about recording the song, stopping everytime I made a mistake. I started to get frustrated with all the voice cracks, and words I kept forgetting, and the chords I missed or played wrong. I groaned and shook my head. Checking the time I did a face palm and ran a hand through my hair. 

A knock came from the door and there stood Vivian. She opened the door and popped her head in. "Need help?" she asked with a smile. 

"Yes!" I exclaimed. 

She laughed and came in. "Let's get started then, only 15 minutes till class," she said.

I put the headphones back on and looked at Vivian. She gave me a thumbs up and I began to play and sing. I concentrated and hoped I wouldn't mess up again, and luckily I didn't! 

Ok maybe once; but that's only because I sneezed.  

"You did great Mel! A plus for sure," Vivian encouraged me. I smiled lightly and shrugged.

"Thanks, but you're just exaggerating," I said.

"Mhm, you'll see," she said and the bell rang. We sat in our seats and class started. We were instructed to put our recordings at the front. I hesitatingly got up and walked to the front. I really hoped I did well.

Once everyone turned their assignment in, we started working on something else. And that's how the day proceeded. It went by so quickly, but that was mainly because I was freaking out about the song. I only finished it 2 days ago, and even the recording took me a few days! 

When I got to surfing class my head wasn't in the sport. I kept wiping out because my mind kept drifting back to the damn project, and I started to panic.

"Melody!" Nate called out. I turned my head to look at Nate from my board and sighed. I laid on my stomach and paddled to shore. 

"Yeah?" I called out while I was coming close.

"Are you alright? I've never seen you wipe out that many times before!" he said. I got out of the water and shook my head.

"Sorry my head isn't here at the moment," I mumbled.

"Is this about your singing project?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said with a sigh. 

"You worked really hard on it Mel, you'll do great," he said reassuringly. I gave him a small smile and nodded.

"Thanks," I responded. 

We were all called back in from the water since the period was almost over and we all headed back to our dorms. Alec didn't show up to class, so I assumed he was in the penthouse. I unlocked my penthouse door, and I let Nate in so he could go to his dorm. 

"Be ready by seven," he said. I nodded my head and went into my room to take a shower. I opened my door and took a step back when I saw Alec sitting on my bed.

"Took you long enough," he said and came towards me. I smiled and kissed his cheek. 

"Well sorry, some of us actually go to class," I stated.

"Hey, I was getting ready for the party," he said. 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever big boy, now let me go take a shower," I said. He moved aside and I left to go shower. 

Ten minutes later I came out with a towel and sighed when I saw Alec still in my room.

"God damn get out of my room!" I said.

"Will never get tired of that view," he mumbled as he looked at me and walked out. I rolled my eyes and went to my closet in search of an outfit. In the end, I came up with a simple purple dress and black heels. I blow dried my hair and left it as it was. I put on some concealer, blush, and mascara and headed out. 

"Everyone ready?" I yelled.

"Yes!" I heard back. We got our keys and walked down the stairs and to Leslie's dorm room.

"You ready to crash a party?" Vivian asked me while hanging her arm loosely around my shoulder.

"Hell yeah!" I said and we entered the room.

Music was blasting and there were people everywhere. Leslie seemed to have one of the slightly bigger dorm rooms. It wasn't as big as ours, but it was definitely bigger than the average dorms. It fit about fifty people. Seems like her party was pretty much full. 

We headed straight towards the drinks. I didn't exactly want a hangover tomorrow, especially considering I had math, so I made sure I only had soda drinks. I was talking to one of the girls from my designing class when Leslie came over with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"I don't recall inviting you," she said.

"Yeah well she's my girlfriend, so if she wanted to come, she was allowed," Alec said from behind me. He always seemed to come at the most appropriate times.

"This is my party!" she said.

"Yeah and? You probably didn't invite half the people here," I said.

"That's not true!" she exclaimed.

"Hey, Leslie! I hope you don't mind me and my friends dropping by, Carla said that you said everyone and anyone were invited," a girl said to Leslie. 

Leslie sighed and shook her head. "Of course not Niki, thanks for coming," she said.

They squealed and ran away while I looked at her with the most confused look. "You're something," I mumbled and walked away with my friends following.

"Lets go party," Nate yelled and we danced on the dance floor.