5

Word Count: 1234, completed 

Eventually, the realisation hit Isabella who came to her senses and pushed Hunter away with her hands splayed on his chest, clearly not expecting this Hunter stumbles back a few steps if he hadn't have wanted to move, he wouldn't.

"You said.... You said just the cheek!" Isabella splutters wiping her lips aggressively as if trying to wipe away the memories of the kiss they had just shared even though she secretly never wanted to forget a second of it, not that she would tell Hunter that. Isabella turns on her heel and stalks into her room, slamming the door shut behind her with as much force as her small body could manage.

Hunter follows closely behind but soon finds himself on the wrong side of the door, Isabella slides her back down the door to sit behind it while Hunter knocks on it softly from the other. After a couple of moments, Isabella hears Hunter growling softly in annoyance but after hearing Isabella's heartbeat increase out of fear, he stops.

"Open the door, Princess"

No response

"I'm sorry"

No response

"You're a great kisser if that counts for anything" he yells with a big grin on his face which slides off when he hears Isabella scoff. On the other side of the door, Isabella doesn't even realise she is smiling until she brings one of her hands up to her swollen, smiling lips: Alpha King Hunter, think's I am a good kisser?

A small meow and scratching on the door brings Isabella back to her senses, Tobias was clearly trying to get into the room and Hunter thought this would be a perfect opportunity to get Isabella to open the door to him, he clearly underestimated her intelligence.

"Can you hear that? The cat... I mean... Ginger is trying to get in?" he says in more of a questioning tone, Isabella frowns at his attempt at thinking of Tobias' name but she is soon smirking. Isabella stands up and hearing this, Hunter is smirking just like Isabella, thinking the cat might not be such a bad thing, it was clearly Isabella's weakness. Yet Isabella's smile was out of cunningness as she opened the door just wide enough for Tobias to contort his body in through the small gap before the door was slammed shut again giving Hunter barely the time to realise what was happening.

"Real nice Isabella" he growls slamming a fist on the wall beside the door leaving a crack in the wall which he instantly regretted, he was supposed to be making her forgive him not make the situation worse

"What do I have to do for you to forgive me?" Hunter calls out, growing ever more impatient

"Get on your knees and beg for my forgiveness!" she yells back still smiling, although it wasn't how she had planned her first kiss with her mate, Isabella wasn't truly angry at Hunter – it wasn't like it was a bad kiss.

"You have got to be kidding me," Hunter says with a barking laugh but the silence tells him otherwise so for the first time since being a small child, Hunter did exactly as he was told and got onto his knees "Please Princess, let me in" he pleads

Hunter once again hears Isabella moving closer to the door but he doesn't move, she was going to want to see him with her own eyes on his knees begging before she believed him and let him in again, although what he didn't expect to see when the door opened was a phone camera in his face before a bright flash momentarily blinded him as a picture was captured of him begging.

"You didn't" Hunter simply says, still not moving

"Gotcha!" Isabella shrieks, grinning in victory. Hunter lunges for her making her half scream and half laugh as she ran into her bedroom completely forgetting to shut the door behind her, Hunter follows closely behind and narrows his eyes at her, his eyes flicking from her to the at least 4-year-old phone in her hand

"Now my little mate, delete the picture" Hunter orders but he doesn't use his Alpha voice like he would on anyone else, he never wanted to do that on his mate. Isabella was almost his equal (Once mated they would be complete equals) so why would he ever want to control her, he already liked her free mind, decisions, emotions and thoughts.

"Nuh uh, it is there for future reference... the big bad Alpha King isn't so big or bad" she smirks sliding the phone into her back pocket "Not to mention you deserve it for what you did! I wanted my first kiss to be special" Isabella mutters, it wasn't really her first kiss but she liked to pretend it was because of the other times with... Finn was the worst times of her life.

"That was your first kiss?" Hunter says his voice catching slightly, she had no practice and that one kiss alone already had him under her spell, he was screwed!

"Yes and I wanted it to be special" Isabella says looking away as she blushed furiously

"I am really sorry you know, I never want to hurt you emotionally, physically, mentally.... everythinglly" he says with a lopsided cheeky grin that Isabella can't not smile at.

"I believe you... damn, look at the time and I got no packing done" Isabella mutters as her eyes get continually heavier as a big yawn rips its way through her body

"Let's get to bed" Hunter smiles reassuringly "We can work together tomorrow to sort it all out"

"Thank you, Hunter... " she grins sleepily forgetting about the plan of him going back to the pack house.

-

After taking a shower, Isabella allows Hunter to lead her to the bed, he starts to unpeel her dressing gown from around her body. Despite having clothes on, Isabella hung onto the dressing gown with all her might, it didn't go unnoticed by Hunter who was instantly hurt that she thought he would ever try anything.

"I already said I was sorry for taking advantage before, I'm just getting you ready for bed now. I won't do anything I promise" he smiles and the mate bond lets her know that he is telling the truth, she isn't really sure how she knows but she does and she trusts him

Hunter lifts the sheets up that have been messily made, the bed was lumpy and uncomfortable but just having Isabella in the bed to cuddle with made it seem to Hunter like the best bed in the world. Hunter put Isabella into bed before undressing himself to his boxers, he slid into the other side of the bed beside Isabella who moments previous had been nearly asleep but feeling the bed lower as Hunter climbed into it made her freeze with fear

"I need to be here so we can get all the work done early tomorrow, don't worry. Like I said, I have no intention of trying anything apart from..." Hunter slides over to sling an arm over Isabella's chest to keep her close and safe while they slept, despite only doing this for a couple of minutes Hunter then moves to kissing her neck and ear while whispering sweet nothings into her ear until he was sure she had fallen asleep so he could also fall asleep.