13

Isabella had to force each foot in front of the other as she walked down the stairs every fibre of her body screaming to turn and run in the opposite direction back in the room to the comfort of the bed she had not long woken up from. Everything about the house that she has come to admire now seemed stained and tarnished at the thought of them being here, them touching it. Although part of Isabella was wondering what they were doing she wasn't panicking as much as she thought she would - she knew they wouldn't be here for a fight because although she hated them she knew they were not stupid. They thought strategically and tactically and by coming to the biggest Alpha in the world for a fight is something they just wouldn't do, Isabella was more confused than anything about why they would be here, Hunter knew something had gone back in the old back. Sure he didn't know the full extent but he loved Isabella so surely he wouldn't invite them for a visit.

Looking around everything seemed to be functioning normally, nobody seemed concerned that a new smell was lingering around the house so it seemed Hunter had warned them someone was coming because otherwise, they would be extremely territorial right now. Stopping a girl that Isabella had seen around the pack that seemed pretty nice she asked where he was

"Oh in his office, I heard him mention something earlier about you being asleep and to do something when you woke up so he probably wants you to go straight in" she smiles comfortingly, unsure whether she wanted to go in or not Isabella crept towards the door of his office. Isabella could hear low but growled talking from outside the thick wooden door and instantly knew there was tension in the room, the reached out a small shaky hand to knock on the door with.

It seems almost instant that the door was aggressively swung open by  Jackson who tries to stand in the full frame of the door so you can't see what is going on inside but it with Isabella's height she can see between his arm where Hunter has Alpha Axel by the throat pinned up against the wall while he is getting right in his face. Isabella can also see on the other side of Jackson that Finn is sat with a straight face trying to not show his emotions but she can see the fear in his eyes and part of her loves it because that's exactly how he made her feel every single day but she knew that was her. Isabella was a loving girl who wanted peace and not war, she knew what she had to do.

"Hunter stop!" she said with a small but effective voice because Hunter's head whipped round to look at her, he looked straight into her large eyes and dropped his hand from around Axel's neck.

Pushing straight past Jackson who clearly let her past she went to walk over to Hunter but as she got into the middle of the room she looked down at Finn who had seemed to regain a large proportion of his confidence. Even now when she knew she was 99% safe that 1% was the thing that stopped her in her tracks and made a lump form in her throat as her heart beat got much quicker which, she knew Hunter could hear.

"It's him?" Hunter growled and before Isabella knew he had moved he had gone from one side of the room from one brother to the other on the other side of the room. Hunter had Finn by the throat like he had, had Axel only seconds ago.

"I'm going to kill you, tear your limbs from your body and make your brother fucking eat them" he screamed spraying spit into the suddenly small looking boys face

Axel had tried to run over to his baby brother but was held back by two men who Isabella had seen with Hunter before but she didn't know them by name. Finn let a blood-curdling scream as Hunter was literally pulling his arm away from his body, he had only managed to pull Finn's arm from the socket when Isabella rushed over, she placed a comforting hand on Hunter's arm

"He isn't worth it, you don't want him on your conscience," she says a stray tear slipping down her face, a tear she didn't even know was coming. Isabella just needed these men out of her life, they were a part of her past so they didn't need to be brought into her present or her future.

"I won't even remember his name, this is isn't new to me" Hunter smirked over his shoulder at the other men as they laughed. This was the first time Isabella truly saw a side in Hunter she hated, stepping back she was shaking her head - in that moment Hunter reminded her of Finn and that scared her.

Hunter looked over at Isabella's face and seeing the terrified look he actually let go of Finn who slumped to the floor clutching to his arm. Rushing over to Isabella, Hunter placed a hand on her cheek which she pushed away, more tears were spilling over eyes. Isabella was more hurt about how Hunter was acting than the years of abuse she had been keeping a secret.

"Baby," Hunter mutters reaching out for her again but she continues to move backwards 

"No! You want to prove to me that you're no different to them? Let them go, I don't want them here any longer but they have a pack to run" Isabella sighs before walking out of the room

A pack who didn't help you... let him kill them both... kill them all

Isabella's wolf hissed, she herself seemed to have a violent side.

Isabella knew she would get her revenge whether is be through physical fight or simply through her happiness that she was told she would never get. Either way it would happen.. they would never have the same control over her as they had done just a few week earlier.

-

Coming into the bedroom around an hour later, Hunter was cautious about where he sat in regards to where Isabella was and how to approach a conversation with her.

"They're gone, Jackson escorted them to the perimeter - not a hair on their head taken and uninjured" he explains trying to scoot closer to Isabella who is frozen sat upright with legs out on the bed facing forward

"Apart from the injuries they sustained while they were here, apart from the mental injuries they got when they thought you were going to kill them" she points out to which he can't really argue with because he did those things

"But they hurt you... I can't believe they hurt you" he says growing angry again but this time she reaches out and places a small hand on top of his large one 

"Yes and I'm the one that had to suffer then and suffer now. I hate the way I look with these scars and I know you mustn't like to see them. I am scarred and ruined" she says tears streaming down her face.

Hunter stands up and walks to her side of the bed after closing the curtains and locking the door. He holds out his hand for her to take which after a small hesitation she does.

"What are we doing?" she asks but Hunter doesn't may anything. All he does is plant a needy kiss on her lips, it is gentle but so full of emotion, he only breaks the kiss to unbutton Isabella's jeans and pull them down before lifting her small body up so he can kick them to the side 

"I'm not ready" she panic but he presses his index finger to her lips 

"Trust me?" he whispers and she nods, not sure why but she knows she trusts him

Put both hands on either side of her face, Hunter kisses her again, this time it is much faster so soon he has to stop to make sure he doesn't take it any further because, he, himself knows that she isn't ready. Reaching down Hunter pulls Isabella's top from right over her head leaving her in just underwear. Feeling the unease radiating from her Hunter takes off his top and pants too.

Hunter sits Isabella on the edge of the bed then kneels down on the floor between her legs, he takes her foot first and inspects it,

"I love you from the tip of your toes to your cute button nose" he whispers rising until he manages to kiss to her nose 

"That was cheesy" she giggles softly which is music to his ears

"But it made you smile" he grins but she freezes when places his hands on her lower stomach over her scars "I love these too" he starts but she tries to move but before she can he grabs her ankles and keeps her there while he places soft gentle kiss from one side of her stomach to the other 

"You're lying" she mutters with an awkward look on his face

"No baby, they're your battle scars. Or journey scars, it shows the long journey you had to take to get to me, and each one.." he explains as his fingers run over each scar so lightly that she isn't even sure he is touching her until she looks "reminds me that you're here. You're mine forever and that this isn't some dream I'm going to wake up from because I don't want to lose my perfect girl" he whispers pressing another needy kiss to Isabella's lips.