10

Completed, words: 1986

A/N I love reading your comments so keep commenting telling me what you like/don't like/what you would like to see in the future for Isabella & Hunter :) x

Considering they were in a deep dark forest that most people would be terrified of, Hunter finds drifting off to sleep incredibly easy, on the other hand, Isabella was scared out of her wits, every single noise whether that be a branch snap or an owl hooting made her practically jump out of her skin. Isabella's neck was getting sore at it snapping in the direction of every noise, she wasn't sure if this was because she expected Tobias to suddenly appear or a giant bear.

Are there giant bears in these woods? I should've asked if there are giant bears

Isabella thinks to herself looking down at his relaxed form, he seemed so settled, he also looked much younger when he was asleep just like he did when he smiled. Isabella so wanted to reach out and touch his face but even she knew that would probably be creepy if it woke him up so decided against it and decided to rest her head against the tree she was leant up against.

Isabella takes a deep breath and closes her eyes trying to relax and push all scary thoughts out of her head, sure she was technically a werewolf but she knew she would probably be useless if faced with real danger, good job Hunter was here. Isabella took a moment to make a wish, pleading for anyone who would listen to return her beloved cat, she knew nobody understood it, most of all Hunter but that cat was her best friend. Tobias had always been there, the person who listened to her cry and comforted her the way nobody else had been willing to do since before Alpha Jax had died.

Hunter's head lolled on Isabella's shoulder making her jump slightly, she almost reached to push his head away but instinct and maybe the mating bond already forming caused her to stay still. The contact, no matter how small was somewhat comforting to Isabella, something that she had also not experienced since Alpha Jax, particularly around men, they had been demonised to her in the past few years but she could already see that being around Hunter and even the little contact with Jackson that not all men were the same. It allowed her to believe that maybe one day she could be confident around men again.

Isabella is pulled out of her deep thoughts by another rustling sound making her head turn to her left, she watches with narrowed eyes as the rustling gets louder. Seconds pass in bated breath and Isabella feeling a newfound confidence inches away from Hunter but as the noise gets louder she starts to feel terrified and is ready to shake Hunter awake when a familiar ginger cat pops his head from around the bushes.

Without thinking, Isabella jumps to her feet with tears in her eyes causing Hunter to fall flat on his face on the floor. His eyes flutter open with a groan as he rubs his now aching head. Isabella heads towards to Tobias ready to pick him but at the last second, he turns on his heel and runs in the direction he came from. Isabella starts to chase close behind, Hunter jumps to his feet to follow.

"Bloody cat" he grumbles angrily.

-

The chase continues until Tobias reaches a fallen tree, he nimbly climbs straight onto it with confidence. Isabella weighs up her options, the tree is surrounding with thick, dark mud but the longer she stands at the base of the tree the further Tobias gets, she simply can't lose him!

Shakily, Isabella climbs onto the tree and starts to try to walk across, halfway across the tree, Tobias sits down patiently waiting for his owner to reach him, he somehow has a hilarious look on his face, Isabella could have sworn he was smiling at her but now was not the time to think about that as every extra step Isabella took the shakier she became on her feet. Werewolves often have incredible balance but a lack of training or practise meant this skipped Isabella, she was the complete opposite, she usually fell over her own feet let along trying to balance on a tree trunk.