Chapter 2: You are dead, snake!

Tomoe from wherever Nanami was right now looked gorgeous wearing an expensive-looking kimono. After not even five minutes the two great demons walked away, talking to each other but because of the distance Nanami couldn't hear what was their conversation about.

"Thank god, they haven't noticed me."

The sigh of relieve escaped Land gods lips as it looked safe enough for her to leave her hiding spot. Looking around to see if there is any path that would led her out of this dangerous and scary forest she noticed a fleeting flash of light. What was that? Could it be that there was someone? The light was moving slowly with an outline of a female figure. Is that a human, or another demon? The only way Nanami could find that out would be to get closer to her.

"With a little of luck, she wont spot me and i will be able to get close enough to see her clearer and if she is from around here, she perhaps could help me."

The girl move through the trees and hid everytime the unknown female was about to turn around and look in her direction. After she got close enough, she saw a very beautiful woman walking by herself. She gave an impression like someone from a noble family does. Then, a strong wind started blowing and whiffed aside some of the Sakura petals, landing on the womans hair and getting caught up in them one by another. Before Nanami could even realize it, the young lady was already looking at her with wide opened eyes.

"U-um..."

Not even one of them knew how to react or what to say, so they just stood there for some time, watching each move of the other one. Finally, our Nanami managed to ask a question.

"C-could you tell me...Where am i?"

...

"Oh no, Tomoe will kill me! He will surely kill me!"

Mizuki screaming filled the hallway of the Land gods shrine. The second Shinshi just received a message from Tomoe saying that he will be able to return earlier than he thought. Poor Mizuki didnt know what to do, how to explain it to Tomoe and was scared to dead what would happen afterward he would tell the wild fox about Nanamis current state. But the biggest problem was that if Nanami stays too long in the world of the past, it will start to get affect on her body that was left in her time. An Unpleasant affect that could made her go through many difficulties. Onikiri and Kotetsu sure tried to calm the familiar down, but it was hopeless. Fear over his master overcame him. It didnt took Tomoe long to get back from where he went and right after entering the hallway of the shrine, an annoying shriek pierced through his ears. The fox familiar rushed across the corridors right into Nanamis room. Roughly opening the sliding door, he saw his precious god laying in her futon, not moving or even breathing and Mizuki beside her, holding and squeezing her hand.

"Nanami! Nanami, wake up!"

Tomoe helplessly kneeled by his master. After seeing she is not going to wake up any time soon for sure, a dark aura leaked from his body. Turning his dead glare that was speaking itself: 'Snake, you are dead!' flames of his fox fire were aiming right at him. Good thing that Kotetsu and Onikiri were there to calm Tomoe down, and Mizuki managed to dodge the attack, yet it still hit him and poor snake familiar was shaken. The two spirits of children wearing strange looking masks explicated everything to 'Tomoe-dono' as they called him and convinced him that everything can be fixed again.

"So you are saying, that that stupid thing that made Nanami go to the past got broken and it can be reconditioned, but it will take a god damn week or two?"

Tomoe raised his voice as he reached the end of the sentence.

"Remember you idiotic snake, anything happen to Nanami and you are freaking dead!"

...

Nanami, along with the girl she just happen to meet, walked now for quiet some time Yet they havent really sayed anything till now. Just when Nanami was about to open her mouth...

"What were you even doing in that forest? And you were even by yourself."

An embarrassing silence filled the air.

"My name is Yukiji, and you are?"

The both of them stopped in their way to the near village there Yukiji was supposed to live.

"My name is Nanami. Nice meeting you, Yukiji!"

The girl quickly bowed her head and raised her head after Yukiji kindly asked her to do so. Chatting friendly Nanami was able to calm down and n a moment they were both standing in front of a big and noble household.

"Welcome back, Yukiji-sama! And who would you be, young lady?"

A housemaid come over to greet her mistress. Her kind eyes looked at me just before she turned around and led us to the mansion, not saying another word.

...

Yukiji kindly let Nanami stay in the mansion with her till she will return home. Land god was very grateful and wanted to show her hostess gratefulness but every time Nanami wanted to help out with anything, Yukiji send her back to her room, saying that she wont allow her guest to exert herself. Telling Nanami this again and again Yukiji accepted the fact that she cant stop the little god from trying to help out just by telling her not to, so the two of them ended up with each other the whole night, talking about a lot of things.

"I feel sorry for you, Nanami. Not knowing anything about where you are or where did you come from."

Nanami had to lie about her losing her memories so she wouldnt have to explain what actually happend, not to mention she didn't know much herself about the situation.

"You dont have to worry! After all, Yukiji-san is so nice and kind to me. I am so glad i met you in that forest."

Suddenly Nanami's body started shaking at the thought of the horrible scene she witnessed.

"What is it? Are you alright?"

A warm hand placed on the girls shoulder helped to calm her down. The terrifying feeling slowly faded away and relaxation replaced it. The day was slowly turning into night and darkness pounced on the village. But before going to sleep, Yukiji let Nanami borrow one of her sleeping yukatas and made a futon being prepared right next to where Yukiji was sleeping. It didnt take much time for the two of them to fall into deep sleep.