Chapter 21: A demon with sake

'Maybe i shall play with her a little, before dealing with her. Yeah, that sound fun! Well then, lets do it like that!' I stood up, about to leave to the shrine of a Land god, ordering the two servants to stay away from the shrine and go let everyone know that the demon lord Akura-ou is back and this time won't end up in that god-forsaken land, where the darkness was just a common thing. Where there was no light and only gods and powerful demons could enter. It was so painful to be cought in that world. So much painful! 'But now...Now...' The demon stood, now alone, just with his evil laugh, shouting loudly.

"But now i am free! Back to my old body!"

But what was this dark feeling that was kept within the corner of my heart? That pain again! I felt it before, when i left for the god of this mountain. This pain was the reason for me to yearn for the potion i took with him after killing the god and drinking it. 'What's up with this pain? It should have disappeared already!!' How can i get rid of it?

"Heh, i am the greak Akura-ou...Something like this is not painful at all!"

But perhaps i was wrond that time, because the pain was bothering me, killing me. It was even worse than to spend all the years in that darkness. Before i entered a body of a human. The pain that was eating on my heart and ate more and more of it as the time passed. And all i could think of was her. 'Nanami...'

...

It was evening already. Nanami was back to her room, but instead of sleeping peacefully she just lay there, watching the ceiling of the room. 'I really can't fall asleep no matter how much i actually try. Maybe i might go to the porch cool myself down? Yeah, that's it!' So the girl just stood up and went outside on the porch, sitting and looking at the ski. There were a lot of brightly shining stars today.

...

The cool breeze was playing with my hair, making me feel all relaxed. Happily, there was no one that i woke up when i sneaked outside. Both Tomoe, Mizuki, Akura-ou, the shrine spirits. All of them were still sleeping peacefully in their rooms. It was so quiet outside. 'I wonder how Mizuki is planning on sending Akura-ou and Tomoe from the past go back to their time?' A heavy sigh escaped my lips, just before there was a sligh crack. I quickly turned my head, watching a near bush, but there was nothing abnormal. 'Maybe just my imagination?' Since there were no more sounds, i just went on resting again. But when i turned my head back, i realized there was someone sitting right next to me. I squeaked and stood up hurriedly, stepping back for a little.

"Oh? What kind of greeting is that? Or could it be that you are not happy about me returning here, Nanami? I'm dissapointed."

"Akura-ou??"

There he was. The great demon, who was up till now imprisoned in a human body and only some time ago, he managed to get his demon immortal body back.

"I just wanted to have a little celebration, and you were the only one that came into my mind. Be grateful for that."

He took out a bottle of sake, along with two cups and after filling both of them, Akura offered one of them to me. 'Well, sake might as well made me feel at least a bit sleepy. It would be good, since i still am not tired at all.'

"Sound fun!"

So i took one of the cups, licking the corner of it carefully. It tasted like a water, i really enjoyed drinking it. It was so good, i totally forgot that i am not good at dealing with alcohol. So after about third cup, i started feeling dizzy. When i wanted to pour myself some more, Akura-ou took my cup away from my hand.

"No more for you, little human god."

It kinda surprised me how soft his voice was, almost as if he actually cared about me.

"That's mean! I want more sake."

I tryed to smatch the cup away from him, but too bad. He was ahead of me, predicting that i will try it out and moved the cup away so quickly i didn't even see his hand move. 'Such a mean person!' I pouted, making an angry face.

...

She seemed to be upset about something. Making that face, i already saw it in the past. She makes that face when pouting. But why would she be angry now? I even came here specialy for her. But before i could ask her, the answer was already pretty much obvious.

"I want more sakeeeeeeee~!"

'Oh? So that's it? She's such a silly person. Pouting about something like this. Is it even possible? God!' But well, i didn't expect her to lean against me. Her head was resting leaning against my shoulder and everything i thought of doing was wrapping my hands around her, making her more comfortable.

"Are you feeling dizzy, human god?"

A slight nod. Could it be that she wants to sleep? Probably, but i won't let her! I came here for another matter then being her personal pilar, no. I was here for something totally different.

"Sorry, little god. To me, it seems like you won't be sleeping tonight, even if you are really sleepy. So don't fall asleep right here, hear me? I am not like that fox of yours! I won't let you do everything you please to do. After all, i am not your familiar..."

'So silky, and pleasant to touch.' Her brown hair was tickling my skin. Why was it that at that time my heart skipped a beat, looking at her face at peace. A comfortable feeling. 'What is this feeling? The pain...dissapeared.' My chest was so light, not painful anymore. A miracle? Is it because of this girl? A smirk formed on my lips, before leaning closer to the girls face.

"Are you sure it's good to sleep now?"

Oh yeah, she was still awake. But only half awake. Half asleep. But that would be no problem. I can get her fully awake withing few seconds.