Chapter 4: I will Protect you

"Why are you here?"

Mizuki hissed at the person standing behind the sliding door leading to the shrine. Onikiri and Kotetsu looked at each other.

"Who is this person?"

Asked Onikiri curiously but Kotetsu just shrugged and the look of them both turned to Mizuki. Suddenly the unknown person rudely let himself inside and made his way straight to Nanami's room, not paying attention to Mizuki complaining about him being inside a shrine just like that. Entering the room the unknown person sat beside Nanami, checking her condition and gently brushing the gods cheek, smirking.

"You are...That human kid that stole Unaris robe of feathers and then got Nanami in danger when you took some of her life energy. What do you want in here?"

"Indeed it really is me, fox. And don't worry, i am not here to fight with you. I am here because i heart a from Yatori that the Land god have some problems, so i wanted to take a look. And it's not 'That human kid', it's Kirihito for you, stupid fox!"

Kirihito, a slim boy with pale face, black hair and eyes, studied Nanami, stull brushing gently her cheek. But not for long.

"Don't you ever touch her in any way, you understand kid?!"

...

Nanami, along with Yukiji, was preparing for the arrival of the two great demons, Tomoe and AKura-ou. Both of them were very high-strung and even when they attempting to think about anything else, their mind always wandered back to the thought og one of them being chosen by one of the demons. It was slowly time for them to go, and the maid servants were finishing the last preparations.

"Yukiji, do you remember what i told you to do?"

Her father repeatedly asking this question. 'He must be so worried.'

"Nanami-chan, are you ok? You are so pale, it makes me worry about you!"

'Even when Yukiji-san could be in danger, she is still worried? She is such a nice and kind person that it could get back at her in the future.' Nanami just smiled to hide her fear.

"I am ok, so you don't have to worry about me!"

Pushing herself to sound as cheerful as she could, Nanami was about to start a conversation but before she could, the chief of the village come, followed by two strong-looking mans and took both young women, leading them to where the other women were congregating. It looked that they were the last ones.

...

It was around ten minutes after the two girls left the mansion to join other women, when a vociferous scream could be heard from the gate to the village. A little boy hurried to the chief, letting him know that the demon visitors just arrived. Nanami and Yukiji quickly took on their scarves and covered carefully their faces. The women lined up in a row and waited, while shaking from fear. Every one of them was now cursing their pretty faces.

"Well, well, well..."

'That is that creepy voice i heard in the forest the day i arrived here!' Poor girl bit her lower lip, avoiding making any sounds. Akura-ou and Tomoe stood in front of the women, looking and admire their beauty.

"Yukiji-san..."

Nanami whispered quietly, as if saying her name made her calm down a little. Unfortunately, it seemed like Tomoe could hear them. Slowly walking to them and reaching his hand to grab Yukijis kimono, seeing how shaken she was Nanamis body moved on its own, standing in front if her friend. 'I can't let him touch her! I definitely can't let that happen! Not after how kind she was to me...'

"Oh my, looks like we have a brave one here."

Instead of Yukiji, Tomoe now grabbed Nanamis scarf and pulled it down from her face. Wandering his thumb over her silky skin, he stopped his finger next to her lips, pulling her roughly closer to him. With wide open eyes she was pulling him back with all her strength, but still she was too weak. So she did the thing that popped into her head first.

"Ouch!"

Nanami bit dont onto his thund as sthong as she could, looking at him with challenging look.

"Hmm..."

The Tomoe of the past just licked his finger and returned her the look.

...

"Nanami-chaaaaaan..."

Mizuki was crying, sitting in the corner of Nanamis room, while Tomoe and Kirihito were glaring at each other.

"I do not remember forgiving you for what you did to Nanami, so if you don't wanna die then GET OUT, NOW!!"

The fox fire flew right at the visitor of a Land god shrine, but somehow he managet to avoid it. With a smirk, he just ignored the first Shinshi.

"And i don't remember asking for your forgiveness. How did and Land god even get into this state?"

But after seeing Mizukis reaction to this question, he didn't need the answer anymore. So he just sighed and layed down on the wooden floor.

"Anyway you better find a way to save her from whatever happend to her."