Chapter 16: It will be hard

Suddenly, he could smell a scent of blood. 'Nanami?!' Yes, the blood belonged to his master. So he hurried to the place where the scent was strongest, the garden.

"Nanami!"

Tomoe burst into the garden, looking very serious. Noticing his younger self holding Nanami, he got even more pissed off. He hurriedly took her away from the younger himself, growling at him. He then turned to the Land god.

"Nanami, are you alright?"

With a worried face, the familiar looked down at the god and notices a drip of blood on the collar of the kimono she was wearing. Moving away the clothes a little, Tomoe could see a scratch on the goddess neck. There was a lot of blood, thought that it didn't really look like it was anything serious. Just a little scratch, nothing more. 'But for a human like Nanami, even something like this can hurt.' Turning back to face the younger himself, the fox demon held Nanami close.

"What did you do to her?!"

The older demon screamed. 'Is his voice shaking, or is it only my imagination?'

"I was just trying to attend to the injury, no big deal. I can't believe in the future i will be such an idiot, to let my Master get injured and not even notice it..."

The two of them glared at each other, while Nanami was attempting to calm both of them down. 'Having Tomoe from the past and my Tomoe get along will be really hard, i guess.' Mizuki was only watching from a safe distance. He didn't want to get dragged into their little fight as well.

...

"What are you doing here?"

The younger and older Akura-ou were both in the red light district. Every single demon hide, seeing Akura-ou back in his body, and on top of that there were two of them. No one knew how it was possible, but it didn't really matter as long as they won't start with the killing.

"Just wanted to check it out here. What did you think i was doing?"

The younger Akura-ou acter mean, and that was probably the worst thing he could do. 'I should give him a lesson, not to behave like that towards me ever again till he returns to his time.'

...

"So what is it that you would like to talk about?"

Himemiko was taking a walk with Mikage. He was the person that paid her the visit, wanting to ask about Nanami's progress of getting better with her duties as a god. Also, he was concerned about Tomoe. Mizuki knew Tomoe was alway bad with humans, thinking they are weak and calling them an insect. Thought he already knew the answer to those two questions, since he came from time to time to check on the shrine, he still wanted to hear an opinion of someone else.

"I would appreciate it if you could stay silent about my presence. I do not wish for those two to know about me. Not right now. Also, i wanted to ask about one more thing. I would like for Nanami to do one thing. A request i left half finished before leaving the shrine years ago. Would you mind giving this to Nanami-chan? I am sure she will know what to do!"

Mikage handed Himemiko a scroll. 'I wonder what is written in it?'

"I will give it to Nanami tomorrow. Now it is already kinda late and Nanami needs to have some sleep to recover her powers again after the fight with the demonic wold."

"Thank you, Himemiko-hime!"

Mikage bowed, and left the place.

...

"This will teach you some manners, kid!"

The older Akura-ou was sitting on the younger one, that was laying beaten on the ground. It hurt his pride a lot. After all, this was the first time for him to loose a fight. Yet, he still refused to apologize to his older self. The older demon stood up, walking away.

"Where are you going?"

"I am going to properly thank Nanami."

The younger red haired demon's eyes widened. 'Me?! Thank someone?! And she is only a human, a trash! Why would i thank someone like her? He can't be serious!'