Chapter 9: What is this feeling?

"Maybe i should punish you after all."

Tomoe leaned closer. He licked Nanami's neck and gently bit onto her soft skin. Nanami murmured something that he could not hear as he continue, tracing his tongue to her collarbone and gently caressing her thigh under the sleeping yukata.

"Tomoe...?"

Nanami looked at him. But instead of pleasure the fox demon thought he saw rejection in her sleepy eyes. An uncomfortable feeling tied his body like if he was trapped in chains. Lowering the silver ears he whined and looked away. This was the first time he felt like this. A painful stab right into the middle of his heart with invisible katana. A pain sharper than anything in this world. 'Why?! Why do i feel like this? What is this feeling? How can i be actually bind by her so easily?!'

*yawn*

"I want to sleep..."

Nanami rolled on the side and rubbed her eyes, yawning again. Tomoe was no longer motivated to do any more. He just laid down next to her and fondle her. 'This human woman sure is strange...' The girl restle against the demons chest, enjoying the gentle caress. A silver fox's tail was comfortably wrapped around them, holding both of them close. Tomoe just sighed and closed his eyes, whispering into her ear.

"I'll stop here, but next time you better be prepared for more, because i will continue where i left of, hun."

But Nanami was already soundly sleeping, not able to hear him. He then kissed her forehead and closed his eyes, slowly falling asleep with her in his arms.

...

"Tomoe-dono, good morning!"

Kotetsu and Onikiri were sent by Mizuki to get Akura-ou and Tomoe into the room, where the things for the ritual were prepared. The sun was slowly rising and it's rays warmed pleasantly. There could be heard tweeting of birdies outside the shrine.

"There you are, Tomoe!"

Mizuki waved toward the fox familiar. Entering the room he sat down by the little table. Then the explaining of performing the ritual began and took around half an hour.

"So, anything else you would like to know?!"

After all three of them settled what exactly to do, the performance could begin. Just few minutes and the portal was open, full of the energy that was given to it by the two demons. That was exactly the reason why they hat to get back Akura-ou body. They needed two really strong demons to open it, and Akura-ou along with Tomoe were the strongest ones known.

"Remember, you two have to keep the gate to the past open till both me and Nanami get back safely! I am going, bye and see you later!"

Mizuki jumped in, appearing in the exactly same forest where Nanami was left.

...

A morning breeze flew across the hallway of the castle. The brown eyes opened little by little. Nanami wanted to sit up, but when she was about to do it, she felt something pulling her back down strongly.

"Be a good girl and stay still, i want to continue sleeping."

'The voice, it must be Tomoe!' Nanami's cheeks started burning and her whole face turned red from blushing. 'W-wh-what?!' She quickly pushed Tomoe's hand that was still holding her close, off of her and backed away. 'What?! What happens? Why is Tomoe here?' She looked at him confused.

"My, my, i told you to be good. Or could it be that you want me to continue what started yesterday?!"

Nanami looked away, blushing even more when she remembered the yesterday evenings events. But it was not her faul.

"No, thank you! I am not interrested in continuing what happend yesterday!"

Tomoe covered his sad face with the silver tail, whimpering quietly so Nanami can't really hear him. But she still saw tha face he made, before he covered. She didn't know why he acted like that, but still felt a pity. She got only a little closer and pet his head playfully.

"What's wrong, Tomoe? Why such sad face?"

"It's nothing. You don't touch me so familiarly! You are just a human, a low life, a weak creature."

Nanami froze in the place, but not because she was afraid, but because she felt so angry. 'How dare he!' She grabbed his kimono and pulled him closer, looking him right in the eyes.

"You know nothing about humans, so don't condemn them just because you think you are something better! You are a demon and you can't understand us, so you are not allowed to talk about them! Not even me."

With wide opened eyes, Tomoe looked at the girl impressed how brave she was. 'Being able to act so rudely towards me without showing any fear, who the hell is she? I can't believe this.' Tomoe placed his hand on hers and pulled her face closer.

"You know, i am glad that you interrupted back then. Because if you wouldn't do that, i would of not choose you to bring here."

He released her and left the room, for some reason satisfied.