Chapter 27: The request from Mikage

The morning come more quickly than it would seem. Nanami was peacefully resting being held by two demons from each side, enjoying the feeling of warmth and protection. It was still early, and older Tomoe was the only one that have already woken up. Cleaning up kitchen, the door leading towards the kitchen opened and revealed whom else tha the first familiar's younger self. Smoking his pipe and watching himself from the future washing dishes, the younger demon signed to himself, seeing what await him once the years pass and he will become a familiar.

"So what was the yesterday scene all about?"

The younger fox asked the familiar, narrowing his eyes and waiting for his answer while smoking calmly as thought they were not talking about anything important. Perhaps he did not care that much, but at least he did care enough as to actually ask about the event that happened the day before.

"Nothing of your concern. If you wanna chat, you as well might help me with my duties."

The fox familiar trailed off, trying to avoid the topic. Both Tomoe were worried about Nanami, both of them in a different way but still, they did. That was the proof that even when older Tomoe and Nanami had a 'little fight', he still cared. Only did he not think about what he is saying while talking to his mistress yesterday, and that caught the girl to cry. He did not mean it that way, he was just stressed out about everything lately and so he had to let his anger out somehow, and poor Nanami just had to be in a bad time on a bad place. 'Nanami, i hope you forgive me about what i said yesterday...' The older one started spacing out, thinking about Nanami and if she will be still mad at him. 'Hopefully not.'

"No, thank you. I do not intend to help you. If the duties are YOURS, you shall do them yourself."

And so, the familiar was left alone to continue his work.

...

I woke up to the sound of someone yawning and something moving in my futon. Opening my eyes and seeing the face of a demon i knew all too well helped me to remember what happened. 'Hmm, from up this close both of them are actually kind of cute. Also, their hair look so soft...' After a while of playing with a string of red hair that belonged to younger demon probably, something grabbed my shoulder. Very surprised, i backed up a bit but collides with something firm.

"My, my, who gave you a permission to touch me so carelessly?"

The red haired demon from the past, who was now fully awake was gently yet strongly holding my shoulder, while his other self from my time wrapped his arms around myself from around, pressing his firm chest to my back so that i can't back up anymore. Not knowing what exactly to say, i just mumbled the first thing that god into my mind.

"W-Well...there was...something in your hair! I just wanted to put it away..."

But that answer didn't seem to please not one of the demons.

"I already told you back in the castle. You are a BAD liar. There is no point in not telling the truth when i can tell if you actually lie or not."

The younger one said.

"Oh right, what about the punishment?!"

The older joined us while talking. 'Wait, how does he know?' I questioned myself, and as if reading my thoughts Akura-ou answered immediately.

"Of course i would know. He is me and i am him. Whet he knows, i do too."

'No. No, no, no! I was hoping that he would forget about it till morning but now... If all those things that Tomoe told me about his brother were true, then i guess that punishment they are talking about might as well turn worse that i expected it to be...' Getting rid of those pessimistic thoughts, after a while i somehow found myself sitting on older Akura-ou lap and leaning against his body for support, while petting the younger one who was resting his head on mine lap. 'So his hair is soft after all...' I played with his hair, curling it around my finger. 'If this is the punishment, it's much more comfortable than i would guess.'

...

"Did Nanami accept the request i asked you to bring her?"

Mikage chatted with Himemiko, sipping grey tee from a nice tee cup set that the little princess bought for special occasions. They were in Himemiko's castle. Mikage arrived few minutes earlier, asking her servants if he could have a little private talk with her.

"Not really. When she was about to accept it, Tomoe and Mizuki stepped in and desperately insisted on her not accepting it. After some time arguing with them i accepted my defeat and left at once. My apologize for being for asking but i am quiet inquisitive about what is the request about. Would There be a chance you can tell me?"

Himemiko asked her visitor. Mikage smiled friendly and in some time explicated to the princess that there quest was to take place near one small village. There, about two kilometers away from there was suppose to be a grave of a powerful demon. But unfortunately the demons soul was not purified correctly and the dark aura was a bug problem for the villagers, bringing them a lot of misfortune. Nanami has to purify the grave once more, so the villagers can rest at peace and everything will be blessed with life once more.

"I am sure Nanami would surely accept such a request. After all, she is a kind hearted girl whom wants to help people. The reason why Tomoe and Mizuki didn't allow her was probably because she just returned from the time travelling so i am sure if you give her some more time, those two will surely gbe alright with her doing the request."

The conversation cut short and soon Mikage was already leaving the castle, depending on Himemiko once more to tell Nanami and convince her.

...

Mizuki looked up at the cherry blossoms that were blooming on the cherry three in the Yonomori shrine. Yes, Mizuki was there and not in the Land god's shrine. That was because he was getting lonely. Even if he had Nanami as his new mistress now, the snake familiar still couldn't forget about his previous god, Yonomori Mitsuha. Drinking his sake which he made earlier the day, Mizuki wantech the blossoms dance in the wind before falling aimlessly on the ground.

"Miss Yonomori..."