07: An Eventful Night

Sigh...

As comfortable as the bed was, I just couldn't calm down.

The red king himself was calmly sleeping beside me, thankfully on a safe distance.

Looking over to him, I could barely make out his features, as the room was clad in darkness.

The shutters were blocking the moonlight from intruding into the room. However, a few light beams still shone through some of the slits, making it barely possible to make out objects.

Besides his light breathing and occasional shuffling of the blankets, it was completely quiet.

Looking up towards the ceiling, I wondered what I should do.

I definitely won't stay here, so the best way would be to try and silently escape, while everyone's still asleep.

Closing my eyes, I concentrated on my movements, trying my best to be quiet, as I slowly moved my legs towards the side of the bed.

Pushing the blanket away from me, I slowly sat up, glancing over to the red head, as to see If he had noticed anything.

His calm breaths told me otherwise, so I continued and carefully stood up.

My eyes finally had adjusted to the darkness of the room. They would have done so faster, but to be safe I had acted as if I was asleep.

I am quite tired, but I can sleep in my own bed, when I'm finally home.

Stealthily stepping forwards, I searched the room with my eyes for my clothes. Not being able to find them, I sighed. He must have put them in a drawer.

It would be too risky to search for them, so I guess I will have to run in this shirt.

As I slowly walked towards the door, I looked back for one last time, making sure he hadn't woken up yet.

No moving could be seen from him, so I put my hands on the door handle and gradually turned it.

My breath got caught in my throat, as the door lightly creaked once.

With my heart beating loudly, I gathered my courage and glanced back towards the man, only to find him still enjoying his dreamland.

Finally, I exhaled and stepped through the door, closing it with caution behind me.

The hallway was entirely dark, as no single light illuminated the room. Feeling the wall, I gradually continued down towards the staircase.

Placing my feet on the stairs, I made my way into the bar.

Glancing around the corner first, I couldn't see a living soul.

Relieved, I quickly made my way towards the entrance, not fearing being caught by making noise anymore, as the others were probably sleeping in their rooms.

Excitedly I tried opening the door, only to be disappointed, as the barkeeper seems to have been careful enough to lock it.

Searching around the room for another way, my eyes spotted the entrance to presumably the kitchen.

Gaining new hope, I went over and opened the door slightly. Thankfully, it was unlocked.

The kitchen was completely clad in darkness, as I didn't see any windows in the room. Slightly spotting two doors, I wonder where they led to.

Hoping one could be a back door, I just made my way over to the right one.

Gathering my courage, I prayed for this one to be the exit, as I slowly opened it.