09: Faint Heart

"How did I find myself in this situation again..."

I could only wonder, as I was sitting on a couch in the bar of Homra.

Shortly after Mikoto and I had arrived back in the bar, the others did too. Tatara had finally woken up from his long slumber too. Hence, another interrogation is going to be starting now.

An awkward silence hung in the air, as no one dared to speak a word. Everyone was seated, however we were still waiting for Tatara, who somehow decided to make some tea in this tense situation.

I could pretty much imagine what kind of question they would ask me, but now that Tatara is here, they should hopefully believe that I am not their enemy.

At least I hope so.

Sighing, I closed my eyes, trying to escape from the uncomfortable situation for a short while.

Besides the birds chirping outside and the whistle of the kettle from the kitchen, there was nothing else to be heard. The normally rambunctious bunch where completely silent waiting for their clansman to return.

I could feel my eyelids growing heavier with each passing second.

A nap would really be nice now...

"I'm back~"

Slowly opening my eyes after hearing the cheerful noise, I looked over to the source of it only to see him nearly stumbling and falling while trying to carry too much at once.

Thankfully, the barkeeper helped his comrade, making him arrive safely in front of the small coffee table.

"I didn't expect to see you again, so soon."

Giving me a cheerful smile, he began to pour tea into multiple cups handing them out to each person that was present.

"Trust me...I didn't either." The sarcasm hung heavily in my voice, as I gave him a self-pitying smile.

Before Tatara had the chance to continue our casual conversation, the barkeeper interrupted him.

"So what happened that night, Tatara?"

"Oh Anna showed me the video. I can't really explain it, but I know she saved my life. There's not much more I can tell you."

Scratching his head, he smiled in an apologizing matter. Looking over to the princess, I could see her quietly sipping on her tea, making me grab my own from the table.

The warm liquid flew down my throat, warming my body while helping me calm down.

Still...How can he be so happy after having seen a video of himself nearly dying?

Looking over to the said man, I could see him smiling at me.

My eyes immediately widened, making me look away.

"She was like an angel, sent from heaven to save me. It was truly amazing, when she gave me a second chance~"

Waving his arms in a dramatic manner, I could only raise my brow at him.

Angel? He still insists on that?

"Tatara."

The barkeeper had a warning tone in his voice, while his gaze travelled over to me.

"We don't know if she's working for the colourless King. Try not to let yourself get carried away."

"Y-yeah! This could all just be an act to trick us into trusting her!"

Kusanagi and Yata really didn't seem convinced of my innocence, but in saying that the others didn't look ready to trust me either.

"Come on guys. She's a good person. I just know it."