A New Begining

I watched in silence as my mother walked around my new business nit picking and poking at every single detail around the coffee shop. I rolled my eyes at her antics and folded my arms

"This place is so.. quaint honey what if this doest work out for you are you going to bring your father in to pull you out of this.. mess god knows he will be a fool and help you" she said a disgusted look on her face.

"Mom, I brought you here because I was excited to show you that It's my passion " I said

"Coffee? Coffee is your passion Oh honey" she replied cutting my words off as she shook her head in disappointment.

"No mom... It's Art .. Art is my passion.. mom" I said sadly and I faught back tears. I held my head down in defeat it was pretty obvious that no matter what I did my mom would never accept it.

"Honey when are you going to get your head out of the clouds? Art won't make you famous every artist known has either starved trying to make it or died because they went crazy that's not you honey. Now what you need tp focus on is that nice tall handsome guy from law school.. Oh what's his name?" she asked looking around.

"Thomas" I said dryly

"Yessss Thomas! he's a nice young man why don't you"

"Mom ,no I am not going out with that stuck up preppy asshole" I said turning away from her.

"When are you going to realize that being a lesbian will only make your life miserable.. my god I can't belive I raised such a degenerate" she said turning away pretending to cry.

"Ok mom thanks for coming I appreciate your non support" I said escorting her out the door.

"Honey just think about your life you're young, you still have time to change your mind and like boys again honey you just haven't met the right young man yet that's all"

"Mom please, I'm not changing who I am thanks for coming" I said closing the door behind me I watched as my mom got into the back seat of her Bently before being chauffeured off by our driver John.

I walked around my new place admiring everything from the cups to the art that hung on the wall.. it was perfect to me it didn't matter what anyone thought this made me happy..