Meeting The parents

Word count: 651

*Not Proofread

I awoke to a soft purple and pink horizon  as the sun began to rise I glanced over to the balcony where I saw Lauren standing alone looking out into the horizon watching the waves crash into
I rose from the bed and made my way to the balcony

I gently wrapped my hands around Lauren's waist she leaned into me as I kissed her head

"This sunset is so beautiful" she said I felt her body completely relax against mine

"Yeah it is but do you know what's more beautiful? " I asked

"What?"

"You" I replied with a quick smile. 

Lauren turned and kissed me softly before returning her gaze back to the ocean

"you're thinking about them aren't you?" I asked curiously. I knew that Lauren had a lot of things on her mind and since she and I were living  in Miami now but one thing that I know that was really pressing her was her parents..

Lauren nodded sadly before putting her head down she looked up at me with sadness in her eyes as tears began to form I furrowed my brow as I looked down at her watery green eyes.

'What's wrong?" I asked

Lauren became quiet for a minute before finally speaking in a shaky voice.

"I have something to tell you, but when I do please don't look at me any differently.."

"Ok,tell me" I asked

"My-My parents aren't dead... I lied to your parents when I left home at 16 I ran away to Los Angeles that's where I met Jake I was homeless for a while until he offered me a good paying job. It all started off innocent until he realized that he could basically use me after my parents found out they told me that they disowned me and to never tell anyone that we were related and that they had died in a car crash they were so embarrassed of me and now, being here in Miami when they are so close all that I want is to see them tell them that I am sorry for not listening to them, for running away" her last few words came out as a whimper before she pressed her face into my shoulder and cried. 

I gently cradled Lauren's hand into my arms as she wept I kissed her head and reassured her that everything was ok 

"Baby, I know that what your parents said to you was horrible and things may not have turned out the way that you wanted them nor they, but it's been 4 years and people change... let's find them.. you all need to talk you need to see your parents, reconnect with them" I begged

"No,No I can't do that, I am a disgrace to them they won't want to see me I know it" she urged"

"Ok, Ok so let's just say that is the case but what if it's not.. what if they miss you? don't you at least want to try? Please Lauren  ok, we go to your parents house and If they want to see you we go in and if not we leave and you never have to look back" I said.

'"B-but I'm afraid" Lauren whimpered

"Baby, don't be afraid I won't leave you I promise i'll be there with you every step of the way." I said before kissing her head

there was an awkward silence between us both as  we stood in a comfortable embrace with one another.

"o-ok let's do it."

A/N Sorry the chapter is so short you all but I needed to update this story it's been a while new chapter will be up tomorrow but first what do YOU ALL want to happen when Lauren finally sees her parents after 4 years? should the reunion be better than expected or should it be a disaster? leave comments and feed back please so I can write the ext chapter lol love you all!