All Debts Paid Pt 2

(Reprise)

*not proofread short chapter the next will be longer

" Do you remember that guy Jake?"

"Yeah.."

"He came to the shop today, he threatened me and said that he would hurt you if I didn't pay my debt to him" Lauren looked at me her face was serious yet worried

"What debt Lauren ,you don't owe him anything I thought we made this clear to him that-"

"No,No you don't understand y/n Lauren started cutting my words off when you are in the kind of work that I was involved in, you can't escape your pimp unless you pay him off I've been saving my tips for weeks I've got about $1000 but he says it's not enough and that if I didn't come up with the money in two days he would hurt you"

"Lauren he's not going to hurt me and no one's going to hurt you how much do you owe him?" I asked

Lauren glanced up at me she fell silent before speaking .

" Ten thousand Dollars"..

________________________________

"TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!" I shouted Lauren winced at the sound of my voice. I stood up placed my hands on my head and walked in circles thinking.. the money was not a problem $10,000 was pennies compared to the fortune that I had in my bank account I sat down on the sofa thinking about how I would trick this bastard I'd have to deliver the money of course but I needed backup in case anything went wrong. I knew for a fact that Jake was not just going to allow Lauren and I to walk away after giving him the money... I had to think of a plan.

"Baby say something, please talk to me what are you thinking?" Lauren's voice produced a whimper I glanced up and saw that she was on the verge of tears

"Hey,hey don't cry we need to create a diversion I've got to get the police involved we can't just go in unarmed or without protection this dude is not going to allow us to just walk free after handing over that much money.." I said

Lauren nodded her head silently as she blinked tears began to fall from her face I gently wiped her tears away with the pads if my thumbs and kissed her soft lips.

"Don't worry I'll handle this and I promise you, he won't ever bother you again." I said

_________________________________

Morning came quickly I snuck out of bed without disturbing Lauren and walked down to the basement where I hid cash inside of a safe. I entered the secret code and the safe clicked open I pulled out $20,000 in fresh clean wrapped $100 bills and shoved it into a small duffle bag. I then reentered the code to secure the lock and headed back upstairs. As I passed the room Lauren was still asleep and I didn't bother waking her. I wanted to do this on my own she had been hurt enough by this bastard and I swore to myself that he would never touch her again.

I sat downstairs in the kitchen thinking when I heard footsteps descending the stairs I glanced up and saw Lauren standing in the entryway of the kitchen

"Hey" she said I glanced up at her as she ran her fingers through her hair she still had a sleepy look in her eyes.

"What are you doing up so early?" She asked

"I'm gonna go make the drop.. Alone I don't want you coming Lauren it could become dangerous and at least if you are here I'll know that you are safe"

"No,no that's not how its supposed to go I'm coming with you let me get dressed"

she demanded as she began to walk back towards her room I sat in the kitchen thinking I'd do anything to keep Lauren safe and away from this asshole so I did what I said I wouldn't do... I called for backup.