The Dinner Invitation

A/N this chapter Will be very short because I am preparing g to write a longer chapter in chapter 8 this chapter is to get ready for what's coming next...

I decided to take a day off from work and focus on balancing the revenue of the shop, since I brought Lauren in 3 weeks ago business has really picked up heavily and Lauren quickly  became a favorite at the shop with the locals both regulars and new customers not to mention beating kelsey with constant tips. She caught on pretty quickly with things so I felt comfortable leaving her in charge while I took the day off .

I was sitting in my study balancing numbers when my phone rang I kinda needed the break but after I glanced  at the name I immediatley wished that  I had went into work

"Hi mom" I said dryly

"Hi sweetie so of course you know tomorrow is our annual dinner with friends and I expect to see you there with a date preferably a man"

"Mom please haven't we been over this before I'm a lesbian I won't change who I am to please you" I shot back a bit annoyed at her antics and constant nagging

"I am bringing someone but it will not be a guy she's a beautiful smart young lady and I hope that you will treat her respect mom" I urged.

"Is she gay as well? Oh honey" she starts with her fake crying.

"No mom she's not gay okay she not and even if she was why does that have to be a factor? She's a friend I made that's all that matters" I said trying to sound somewhat unannoyed.

"Honey we both know you have no friends so tell me is this some girl you paid off the streets to accompany you or?"

"MOM Really?! No she isn't she's a genuine person with a beautiful heart please do not embarassed me tomorrow okay I've gotta go I love you bye"

I slammed the phone down frustrated as all hell. Please God let tomorrow's dinner go over well..

A/N if you hate my mom NOW wait till the next chapter!