Chapter 1

Lavinia B. 

Embracing Pain

© 2011, Romolavinia91

Message me via inbox or Facebook page if there are violations.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author/ publisher. 

********

My Facebook page where you can contact me about any issues or violations with my copyright is in the EXTERNAL LINK! Also, please message me on this webisite. 

Thank you and enjoy reading ;)

_________________________________________

The court was filled with many skeptical people with quick senses of judgment. It was easy to accuse a person for an offense they may not have done. It was also a sickly sweet walk in the park for a vampire to get away with a crime they may have committed. Their quick abilities and years of immortal life have equipped them with the uncanny skills to lie through their teeth like it was the truth all along.

Deva was used to reading between the lines and finding the truth written across the convicts face. Her abilities had grown so sharp in the last ten years it was unreal. No lie had ever gotten past her and she was proud of it. She wouldn't allow herself to accuse an innocent person. It brought back bad memories of her past, so she vowed never to falsely judge a person unless she was 100% sure.

The man was kneeled before her, pleading his innocence. "My Queen," his voice sounded like rich liquid. "I am but a man, a man who has been falsely accused. Please dear merciful gracious Queen. You must see that I have done nothing wrong." 

His unnatural green-yellow eyes were the perfect picture of purity. In all sense of the word the man did sound like an innocent man. He played the part tremendously well but Deva could see through it all. The mask he was wearing wasn't thick enough to hide the guilty rhythms of his heart and voice. 

Deva slowly got up from her throne. The clicking of her high heels echoed throughout the quiet room as the crowd anticipated her next deliberation. Her deep, stern gaze left every one of her victims cowarding away from her. 

"You have been brought here on counts of murder. A lycan has been killed and by the evidence only a vampire could have been responsible." 

Deva hated the thought of another death brought forth because of the difference in species. She knew it would be difficult for the vampires to adjust to lycans inhabiting their land but after so many murders it was hard to take in. She loved her people; vampire and lycan alike. 

"Tell me dear faithful principal of mine," she intentionally taunted. "Have you ever taken a life before?"

His facial expressions creased with confusion. "Yes, my Queen." 

It was typical for a vampire of his age to have at least one kill to his name. 

"Did you enjoy the savory feeling of satisfaction when you heard the last heartbeat of your victim's life in your hands?

The man swallowed with hidden fear. Deva was calm, much too calm. 

"Yes."

He couldn't tell a lie. Deva wouldn't let him. She now stood only a few inches away from him. The man reeked of sin. It was like an awful taste in her mouth; the way she could sense his guilt.