Chapter 12

Walking away from her husband and son was like stepping on daggers. She hated the situation she was in and would do anything to avoid it but she couldn't. 

The dark was slowly descending across the land. Deva wasn't sure where she was going but the moss covered trees and crackling river beds were soothing to her ear. Walking through the woods was second nature to her. She lived for it. 

She wasn't sure how long she was walking for, trying to avoid what the future had in store. Deva finally forced her mind to open and tap into a part of her she promised she'd never go back to. Her bond with Adamarius was still there, weak but still there. 

She could almost feel him, sense him. It was easy to find him after that. Everything began to blend together the closer she got to him, till finally she reached a small entrance. The stone archway was decorated with wolf like structures. 

Deva entered and was fascinated to find the same beautiful architecture inside. The halls were dimly lit by candles, wax was dripping down the walls. It felt like the inside of a cave, cold and damp. 

She was greeted with stares once she made it to a larger room. They were all huddled around a table, deep in conversation. But once they spotted Deva, all whispers halted. She could feel more curious stares on her, making her uncomfortable and unwanted.

Adamarius made his way through the crowd as they parted for him. She felt some of her anxiety go once they made eye contract. 

"I'm glad you came." 

"I had no choice." She was trapped.

Adamarius turned to his people. "The Relic Moon is close. You all know what do to. Let's not start a fight that can be avoided." 

"Maybe we need a fight," someone spoke. 

Adamarius turned his attention on the outspoken culprit. "Raging a war against the vampires will accomplish nothing but the dead corpses of our brothers and sisters. Their number is much greater than ours. I will not send you all to your deaths." 

His passion for his people was undeniable. Adamarius would never do anything to jeopardize their lives and repeat the past. 

"And if there are any who disagree, speak now so that I may show you things more clearly." If one Lycan were to attack on this night Adamarius was afraid the vampires would go for all Lycans. Slotting them without remorse. 

The air was thick with calm obedience. Deva could see how much they feared yet respected him. 

"We have two hours till the moon." 

The room quickly emptied as they all left to prepare. Adamarius signaled her to follow. They went through another hall, darker and damper than before.  

He stopped once they reached the deepest Deva had ever been underground. She was now standing in front of steel cage with three sides made up of the earth's rock. 

Old chains melted into the ground made her believe nothing could escape from such a prison.  

"Is this where you keep the hulk?" 

Adamarius nodded. "Yes, I'd be scared if I were you. He's escaped." 

"Scared of a giant green man? I've see monsters eat scarier things than him." 

Adamarius watched as she traced the bars of the cell. "We also have the boogieman three cells down." 

Deva smiled but deep down could feel the fear creeping in. "What is this place and how come I've never heard of it?"