Chapter 6

What do you think so far? 

_________________________________________________

Sitting at a table full of privileged royalty would make any person's nerves on edge. Deva bit down her uneasy feelings and stood by her husband. They had all three Kings and their royal families seated with them. 

A few of the council members were also present for the discussion that was unveiling. Talks of the Relic Moon had spread throughout all the kingdoms, making a panic up rise. It was up to them to resolve the situation. 

"This has been going on for centuries," King Raphael again explained himself. "It's been unnoticed for years. Obviously they have it under control. Why interfere now?"

But of course King Rathguard wasn't going to let the subject die down that easily. "Yes but that was when we thought they were extinct. In the past few years their size in numbers have grown, quite rapidly." 

"This is nothing we haven't heard or noticed," Sebastian didn't care to cover up his boredom. 

"They believe they have more rights now and probably pathetically think more will power."

Deva clinched her jaw together to keep her temper hidden while Rathguard continued. 

"One careless mistake could cost us. They are a danger."

Darius sighed. "What do you propose we do then?"

"Electrical cells. They must learn to fight the urges. An electrical cell will shock them when they feel the need to feed." Rathguard's plan was all but bulletproof.

"Perhaps we should sacrifice your body to them. It's one way to satisfy their urges," King Derick who was quiet till now, finally spoke up. He had no reason to hide his dislike of King Rathguard. For years their silent quarrel had been put under the rug. 

"Careful old king. I'm sure some of them still remember who helped in their obliteration." Rathguard narrowed his eyes at king Derick, challenging him to dare speak again.

King Derick was indeed one of the supporters in King Asher's massacre of the lycan race but time had changed him. There was nothing more he wanted than peace to all the creatures in the land. Death and destruction were so common and wearied him with age. 

"Caging a beast and poking it with a stick will only get him angrier," Derick explained. 

"Speaking from experience?" Marcus questioned.

Derick shamefully dropped his gaze to his fisted hands. "I've had my encounters with them, regretfully so." 

"And what of queen Deva? She is part lycan, am I right? What will she do?" Ilsa's conniving presence irritated every bone in Deva's body. 

"She will be taken care of with the utmost precaution. I will personally chain her up myself." Darius left no room to question him. 

"Kinky," Sebastian mumbled playfully. 

Deva rolled her eyes. 

"She might need a leash and perhaps a dog tag." Ilsa just couldn't stop adding fire to the flame. 

"The only leash I'd need is the one I'd use around your neck." Deva could imagine it now.

"I heard some don't survive the ordeal, mentally. It supposedly can wipe away their mortality." 

Deva didn't know much about the Relic Moon to begin with so she couldn't go by anything. It scared her just knowing it may in fact be true. 

"Where did you hear that from?"